Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Pooling (car Share)

vmail

does anyone do this?

personally I prefer not to wait for anyone and go when ever I want to

does anyone do this?

personally I prefer not to wait for anyone and go when ever I want to

So, its all about Me, Me, Me :D

Mind you if you look at the Aygo club many have their own pools.... Water due to leaks from the door seals.. :(

Some times I can't be ubikd to drive, and if I'm quick enough I can text my work mate who has to drive past my house anyway to get to work :P

We were considering alternating days, but he thinks I drive too slowly :lol:

I know a lot of teachers who give each other lifts all the time; 's better than having to take the smegging awful bus service, that's for sure! :angry:

It's encouraged at our place and quite a few car-share but it'd be hard for me as not only do I do a lot of overtime but I also occasionally go home to Coventry in an evening so it'd make no sense me car-sharing with someone else.

yeah it was suggested alternating days (only 2 days a week)

the distance is 1.8 miles so we wont be saving money or the environment so I dont see the point

There are some bridges in the States that charge you if you cross with just you in the car. There are loads of people lined up at the side of the road looking for lifts over thus cancelling the charge!

Some people drive about with blow up s*x dolls as passengers.

Persoanlly I like to drive and not to wait for anyone else.

Some people drive about with blow up sex dolls as passengers.

Is this the voice of experience :P

Have tried to do this - put ad in local shop for share buddie.....................not one reply!!!!!!!! So I drive alone :rolleyes:

My oher half works in reading too, so if she is ona regular shift we car share....

Saying as I live in the mddle of nowhere that about all I am limited too! I'd not like strangers in my car though.. only people that know how neurotic I am about it and treat it with respect!

About half of the people in my office walk in.. I occasionally give them lifts home if its peeing it down.. does that count?

yeah it was suggested alternating days (only 2 days a week)

the distance is 1.8 miles so we wont be saving money or the environment so I dont see the point

:unsure: Maybe not practical, but only 1.8 Miles ? Why not walk, unless you need the car when you get there. Save the environment & do yourself good @ the same time :D

Some times I can't be ubikd to drive, and if I'm quick enough I can text my work mate who has to drive past my house anyway to get to work :P

We were considering alternating days, but he thinks I drive too slowly :lol:

I know a lot of teachers who give each other lifts all the time; 's better than having to take the smegging awful bus service, that's for sure! :angry:

Slightly :offtopic: (the norm for me ) I have a friend who is crippled with Rheumatoid Arthritis, literally. I bring her to the Hosp, but she drives coz she thinks I take for ever. Automatic car, till she got rearended a couple of weeks ago & written off. She drives like a Formula 1 ace, but perfectly safe. 9 years driving in Italy stands her in good stead. Only really needs me to find a wheelchair & push.

Well, today was a trial and the eco warrior passenger did not turn up

i car share to uni.......a lad that lives on my street goes to my uni and luckily some off our lectures clash.......i enjoy it!!!! its nice to have someone to talk and not just sing to myself!!!!

In Canada on some of the motorways, there are lanes you can only go in if you have more than just yourself in the car! Good idea i think, although i dont think it will ever work in this country...

its nice to have someone to talk and not just sing to myself!!!!

I think I'd prefer to sing to myself.... I've already won The X Factor 6 times over in my car on the way to work! :lol: :lol:

IF I ever get a lift from someone I am always early, so if I'm the one giving a lift I expect the same courtesy.........If waiting, they get a lift..... If not......Bye-Bye ;)

In Canada on some of the motorways, there are lanes you can only go in if you have more than just yourself in the car! Good idea i think, although i dont think it will ever work in this country...

Silly Sally, those car pool lanes across the pond are already here, theres one on the M62

m606_map.jpg

Haha, well I didnt know that, i never go up there :P

Not a chance!

It’s my car which is paid for with my hard earned money, driven with my hard earned driving licence, tax insured MOT’d with my money, serviced and lovingly cared for in my own time, filled up with expensive petrol which I pay for... get the picture?

:thumbsup:

Not a chance!

It’s my car which is paid for with my hard earned money, driven with my hard earned driving licence, tax insured MOT’d with my money, serviced and lovingly cared for in my own time, filled up with expensive petrol which I pay for... get the picture?

:thumbsup:

Shame on you TVOR.................. :rolleyes:

I thought that you were into saving the planet and reducing emissions..........(Red Nose Topic last night)

Car sharing will help save the world :P ;) :lol:

not really on Fridays the eco warrior uses a bike instead of a car, if he is in my car then thats extra weight with lead to more fuel consumption and an increase in emissions

I thought that you were into saving the planet and reducing emissions..........(Red Nose Topic last night)

My post was about African babies and not about car sharing, the money I save from not giving to charities goes towards my car :thumbsup:

My post was about African babies and not about car sharing, the money I save from not giving to charities goes towards my car :thumbsup:

Your post:

More people will mean more carbon, more global warming, more floods and earthquakes, more destruction

How selfish of you..............Car sharing means LESS carbon, LESS global warming, LESS destruction.............(Not so sure about floods and earthquakes) :P

Make your mind up...............You cannot have it both ways ;) :lol:

I saw on the news a great idea for school kids.

I dunno about you lot but when the kids are off school the roads are heavenly, one can only assume kids are the reason there is so much traffic on the roads....

But this idea was for a walking bus.... how brilliant is that. The walking bus stops off at your house and your child hops on and they walk to school!!!

I know - walking to school - it's radical I know but it could just work! That would save a hell of a lot of emissions... and also make my drive to work so much quicker and easier! It's a win-win situation! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links