Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Pooling (car Share)

vmail

I saw on the news a great idea for school kids.

I dunno about you lot but when the kids are off school the roads are heavenly, one can only assume kids are the reason there is so much traffic on the roads....

But this idea was for a walking bus.... how brilliant is that. The walking bus stops off at your house and your child hops on and they walk to school!!!

I know - walking to school - it's radical I know but it could just work! That would save a hell of a lot of emissions... and also make my drive to work so much quicker and easier! It's a win-win situation! :D

Oh it will work............................It always did when I was at school :P ;) :lol::wheelchair:

Car sharing means LESS carbon, LESS global warming, LESS destruction............

Depends who you are sharing with.

If its someone who is rather porky and is over fed, it will mean a heavier car using more fuel causing more CO2 emissions, increased braking distance due to the extra weight using more car components (tyres, brakes etc) and more wear and tear, which results in using more of the earths natural resources and leaving a bigger carbon footprint.

In fact I would rather car share with a skinny African kid who isn’t a carbon cluster bomb!

:thumbsup:

Not a chance!

It’s my car which is paid for with my hard earned money, driven with my hard earned driving licence, tax insured MOT’d with my money, serviced and lovingly cared for in my own time, filled up with expensive petrol which I pay for... get the picture?

In fact I would rather car share with a skinny African kid.

So you have changed your mind about car sharing?

its nice to have someone to talk and not just sing to myself!!!!

I think I'd prefer to sing to myself.... I've already won The X Factor 6 times over in my car on the way to work! :lol: :lol:

Erm .... Really hate to say this , EM, but maybe that is why you don't have passengers :lol2: ;)

I dunno about you lot but when the kids are off school the roads are heavenly, one can only assume kids are the reason there is so much traffic on the roads....

But this idea was for a walking bus.... how brilliant is that. The walking bus stops off at your house and your child hops on and they walk to school!!!

I know - walking to school - it's radical I know but it could just work! That would save a hell of a lot of emissions... and also make my drive to work so much quicker and easier! It's a win-win situation! :D

Oh it will work............................It always did when I was at school :P ;) :lol::wheelchair:

Same here, only I had a bike (not the village one, unfortunately :( ) Lived 2.5 miles out on country roads from the Village school. Very few cars, more tractors or horses & carts :lol: . I survived :wheelchair:

its nice to have someone to talk and not just sing to myself!!!!

I think I'd prefer to sing to myself.... I've already won The X Factor 6 times over in my car on the way to work! :lol: :lol:

Erm .... Really hate to say this , EM, but maybe that is why you don't have passengers :lol2: ;)

I don't have passengers because I much prefer not to - my car is my space... plus anyone who gets in it just either complains about the mess (my life: my mess) or starts fiddling with the stereo and/or my cd's which I can't stand.

Sometimes it's nice to be one with perfection on your own.

"or starts fiddling with the stereo and/or my cd's"

That is just plain bad manners & I wouldn't stand for it either :angry:

Same here, only I had a bike (not the village one, unfortunately :( ) Lived 2.5 miles out on country roads from the Village school. Very few cars, more tractors or horses & carts :lol: . I survived :wheelchair:

Ita amazing how for you can go on a Penny Farthing :D

I saved the world a bit by car sharing with the other half.

Unfortunately we took the 3.2 instead of the economical 2.0.

Ho Hum.

I don't like the idea of having someone i hardly know in my car.... unless they are a young, fit, single woman.... :P

:lol:

I saved the world a bit by car sharing with the other half.

Unfortunately we took the 3.2 instead of the economical 2.0.

Ho Hum.

Economical 2.0!!!! Since when!

:lol2: If I still had it, like a lot of my cars & motorbikes, I'd be Rich, I tell you Rich, Rich, Rich :(

:lol2: If I still had it, like a lot of my cars & motorbikes, I'd be Rich, I tell you Rich, Rich, Rich :(

The light came on and there was the nurse with his medication :P

:lol2: If I still had it, likewise most of my cars & motorbikes, I'd be RICH, I tell you ! RICH, RICH, RICH. :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links