Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Import To Uk Speedo's

Titto

I've phoned my local T dealer and they are looking into this for me, but they're not hopeful it will work for some reason...

If your car is an imported MR2, can you fit a UK speedo (one that reads up to 160mph etc)???

I thought it would be possible, but they've placed doubt in my mind now....

Cheers

Adam

Oh yea im certain you can titto cos when I was looking around garages for my perfect MR2 a few import dealers boasted to me how they send the whole clock down to england somewhere to get it replaced with the UK spec one (this was for NAs.) Im sure it can be done. altho it was rev3 onwards models i was nosin about at. Dunno if its different on earlier models.

Hi,

I have a imported Mk2 N/A and that has a 160mph speedo so it can be done, i don't know where it came from though.

Excellent, so i'll go ahead and order one then and hopefully start to get the <if my vocabulary was any smaller, it would be nearly as small as my genitals> readings sorted out...

I also need one for my mr2 turbo. I need one which goes up to 110mph.. can anyone tell me where to get one? thanks

01.jpg

I have the above for sale...

if you have a n/a you would need to put your Battery gauge where the boost gauge is ( gauge is not included with this dash ).

Or your stock gauge in there.

The dials are ElGlow dials and glow etc when switched on. All wiring/cables etc for dials are included.

let me know if you're interested.

Jim

Jimlad,

I'll have them off ya! - is the speedo in MPH as standard? or is it a uk one with a MPH Badge stuck on??

Also, whats the mileage on the clock?

Mail me

adamtitto@hotmail.com

or mobile: 07739827992

Cheers

Adam

Jimlad,

I'll have them off ya! - is the speedo in MPH as standard? or is it a uk one with a MPH badge stuck on??

Also, whats the mileage on the clock?

Mail me

adamtitto@hotmail.com

or mobile: 07739827992

Cheers

Adam

if your speedo currently reads 110 mph, then it will be fine. Doesn't matter about mileage as you can change to suit your car mileage.

It is in good nick etc... and will probably look sweet once you wire up the ElGlow Dials !!

No, jimlad, thats the whole point - it reads in kph not mph. The crappy MPH cover i have over the KPH thing is *******.

Is yours a MPH speedo as standard or is it a KPH with a MPH cover on it?

Also, what do you mean about changing the mileage to suit?

Cheers

Adam

altho it was rev3 onwards models i was nosin about at. Dunno if its different on earlier models.

rev 1 and 2 had cable run speedos whereas rev 3 n on had electronic ones me thinks

I want an MR2!!!!! :crybaby:

No, jimlad, thats the whole point - it reads in kph not mph.  The crappy MPH cover i have over the KPH thing is *******.

Is yours a MPH speedo as standard or is it a KPH with a MPH cover on it?

Also, what do you mean about changing the mileage to suit?

Cheers

Adam

it will work fine..

as far as I'm aware it's basically a KPH dial with the MPH dials in place ( not crappily over placed )... these dials are there on there own. No dials underneath.

What I meant about the milegae is you will change it on the dials to match your current dials.

The Speedo reads in MPH, but the odometer ( correct word ? ) still reads in KPH, if that makes sense ?

Basically the same as your exisiting one, but with fancy dials etc.

Still interested ?

Right, i've ordered a UK spec speedo from Mr T and it'll be on wednesday but i wont be getting it fitted for about 10 days so will update you all then.

The reason i was told it cant be done in the first place is because i spoke to some youth on parts and because no-one at this toyota centre has done the swap before he said it couldnt be done!!

I have spoken to one of the older more experience mechs there and he says he'll give it a shot for me, but he's never done it so he'll gain sommat from it too - best thing is though, if it dont work out, i'll not have to pay and they'll send the speedo back.

BUT im hoping it will work, i presume all the connections are the same to that of an imported mr2???

Jimlad, thanks for your e-mail, i cant download the attachemtns for some reason though - i think my hotmail account is buggered. I'll see how this goes first then i'll be in touch if i cant get it sorted.

Cheers

Adam

(ps: i went to an accident the other day involving a mr2, black like mine, but with the body coloured strips - got talkin to the bloke and he may be giving me the strips as his car is wrecked!!!)

Bibbs, you know ho you said, swap the whole cluster out - did you mean the whole speedo head unit? - thats what i've ordered....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links