Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Gear To Use

smyffalis

Why is it so important to do 310 mph in third at an engine speed of 45000 rpm?

It all sounds terribly juvenile to me.

Still it's a very good reason for not buying a second hand car.

Why is it juvenile? The Yaris vvt-i motors can take a lot of punishment. It actually does the engine no harm at all to thrash it now and again, it burns out carbon deposits, charges the Battery fully after doing short runs ect, ect. :yes:

So if that's being juvenile (btw i'm 37yrs old) i am guilty as charged. :yahoo:

So if that's being juvenile (btw i'm 37yrs old) i am guilty as charged. :yahoo:

like you said, i think you mean its your Battery thats charged haha.

eiriksmil you said about 4000rpm and what speed, id say its most likely around the 70-80 mark. i was doing 60 on the motorway yesterday and it was only sitting at around 3000rpm. if i sit at 70+ on the motorway i think the engine sounds like its screaming so i dont like it!

If you're attentive and do a thorough search you can buy a second hand car thats been taken care of at a bargain price. Both my cars are second hand, decent motors. I would never buy new personally.

My son has just bought a 1litre on a 52 plate with 73000, from a dealer in Kiddington. for £2700

Can I ask you(I know it's cheeky ;) ) how much you paid for yours?

I completely agree with smyffalis. When I picked up my Yaris the other day in Southampton I took it up the rev range in all the gears and generally gave it a good blasting to get rid of the carbon deposits, blow away the cobwebs and to get to know the car so you know what you can and can't do. Always important when you buy a car thats only been used for town driving and had a previous lady owner that has been very gentle with it.

HowardL, I was looking at Dealer tradeins and was stunned by the prices that they wanted for Yaris's that were traded in. Mine is a 2000 plate, has only done 50,000 and I paid £1900 for it. Well serviced, clean and needs no immediate work done to it. Just a main service now and thats about it. Runs beautifully!

How old is your son and where do you two hail from?

I live in Witney. Perhaps we can cruise around in our Yaris's and go for a drink somewhere. I've got a red one :D.

mines feb 05, got it for under under 4 grand, well, under 3 cause my auntie decided to knock another amount of money off it because she loves me i spose! there was only 21k miles on it and theres only 4-5k of driving done by me. the car is in mint condition. she could have got alot more for it.

one thing i did notice though, is that my clutch would smell like it was burning when i went over 60mph and it made me sort of nervous, but its gone now. my auntie never went above 55-56 on the motorway, shes a 'safe' driver if you could call it that. most likely that the car hadnt realise those speeds existed!

I completely agree with smyffalis. When I picked up my Yaris the other day in Southampton I took it up the rev range in all the gears and generally gave it a good blasting to get rid of the carbon deposits, blow away the cobwebs and to get to know the car so you know what you can and can't do. Always important when you buy a car thats only been used for town driving and had a previous lady owner that has been very gentle with it.

HowardL, I was looking at Dealer tradeins and was stunned by the prices that they wanted for Yaris's that were traded in. Mine is a 2000 plate, has only done 50,000 and I paid £1900 for it. Well serviced, clean and needs no immediate work done to it. Just a main service now and thats about it. Runs beautifully!

How old is your son and where do you two hail from?

I live in Witney. Perhaps we can cruise around in our Yaris's and go for a drink somewhere. I've got a red one :D.

My lad is 23,and lives not too far from me, I live in Littlemore

I'm 21. Littlemore rings a bell... I live in Witney but often commute to Reading to see the girlfriend. I wrote off my Honda just after coming off the Headington roundabout on the 6th of February, from the girlfriend's place and coming to work... :censor:

I'll send you a message and we can get chatting.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links