Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting New Head Unit.

Funkadelic

I'd also like to know this too, I have a Kenwood MD player from my old car.

Where do you buy the double DIN adapter form to make it single DIN.

Or... do you think it would be possible to put two single din units in? i.e. buy a cd player and have the CD and MD in.... could look pretty suave.

Sorry to Hijack your thread, but I think we both need to know tha same thing :thumbsup:

Ahhh JackMac Car audio to the resuce!!

Dead easy lads!

Autoleads Din pocket to fill the excess space that will be left when you remove the double din jap unit.

Remove the dash facia on the centre part of the dash...undo 4 screws/bolts whole unit comes out notice the 2 metal brackets on either side?

bolt them onto the new unit..... wire up using the correct autoleads iso adaptor....bing away you go!

If you need some more info or any parts let me know and i can get you prices on monday.

NickM

Autoleads Din pocket to fill the excess space that will be left when you remove the double din jap unit.

Sorry, mate - When it comes to ICE I'm useless.

Is that a blanking plate-type thing?

Sorta...if you can wait till tomorrow i will do a photo of my Alpine unit in my turbo.

Just a quick reply to say i have a 1989 mk1 MR2 and my Kenwood head unit is too big for the gap in my front console.

Anyone else had this problem??

post-38-1074976121.jpg

Where do you all put your amps in your Two's anyway, I don't want it on the floor or underneath the seats..... I was thinking maybe under the front bonnet.... but that would take quite a lot of work.

I would have one either under a seat or behind a seat with subs behind another seat.

You could have it under the bonnet simply strapped to a peice of wood which is locked in place by the bit that locks the spare wheel in place.. may not look nice ( unless you done alot of work ) , but it would do the trick.

You could have it under the bonnet simply strapped to a peice of wood which is locked in place by the bit that locks the spare wheel in place.. may not look nice ( unless you done alot of work ) , but it would do the trick.

Do a nice rack in the front ;)

amprack1.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Just a quick reply to say i have a 1989 mk1 MR2 and my Kenwood head unit is too big for the gap in my front console.

Anyone else had this problem??

Are you using the mounting cage that came with the stereo?

You will normally find that it will fit in from behind the dash trim.

Oh and on mounting amps etc ....you could always do it like me....Subtle and modest... ;)

Ice Pics

Oh and on mounting amps etc ....you could always do it like me....Subtle and modest... ;)

I have one of my amps behind the drivers seat like you BUT I have a 10" sub to go behind each seat.....one of my amps is already scratched up on top from putting it under the seat......front's really the only other choice.

Thats fine till you have a blow out on the M1 and its raining!

Any better ideas if you have a sub behind each seat and 2 amps??

KiwiMR2

I have one of my amps behind the drivers seat like you BUT I have a 10" sub to go behind each seat.....one of my amps is already scratched up on top from putting it under the seat......front's really the only other choice.

KiwiMR2

Yeah have 2 8's behind one seat and get really good 4 channel amp behind the driver seat...

Bing problem solved!

Yeah have 2 8's behind one seat and get really good 4 channel amp behind the driver seat...

Bing problem solved!

Just out of curiosty are you powering both your subs + 4 Speakers of the one amp??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

KiwiMR2

you could remove the cubby box bit between the seats and slam an amp in there ?

you could remove the cubby box bit between the seats and slam an amp in there ?

Yeah Iv'e seen a pick of that done.....stands out quite a bit :( and can only fit one amp there.....still leaves me one to find a place for, anyway Im happy to to the rack in the front, in the last 5 years and 3 MR2's I have NEVER had a flat tyre and besides I'll design it so it's easy to remove etc :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I'm having a box behind each seat, but one will have a persex front with the amp in it.

I'm still to decide whether to have 1x10" sub or 2x8" subs in the box.

My amp box will be smaller and behind the drivers side, so that I can still get to the engine catch.

Bing problem solved!

Just out of curiosty are you powering both your subs + 4 Speakers of the one amp??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

No i have JL Audio XR525 Comps in the front...and the 2 JL Audio 8w3's running off the PG Tantrum 600.4 i havent bothered with the poxy rear Speakers...

1. They are a waste of time

2. The screw with the sound stage

:P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links