Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Current Gen Nano With 2008 Yaris Sr

Anyone using a current spec Nano with the built in Tom Tom unit in a 2008 Yaris Sr?

I plugged my mates in today and it charged fine (which i wouldnt do on my old Pioneer head unit) but the headunit refuse to read it.....

Anyone using a current spec Nano with the built in Tom Tom unit in a 2008 Yaris Sr?

I plugged my mates in today and it charged fine (which i wouldnt do on my old Pioneer head unit) but the headunit refuse to read it.....

That's interesting... my ipod (its not a nano..) won't charge through the USB but reads fine.

Are the files on the Nano in the correct format?

That's interesting... my ipod (its not a nano..) won't charge through the USB but reads fine.

Are the files on the Nano in the correct format?

I know Apple changed the software on the new nano so that it can be read by, but not charged by non Apple hardware. My Pioneer headunit with full I-pod hook up which i had in my Aygo before i got the yaris worked fine with my gen 1 and then gen 2 nano and it works fine with my 30gb video I-pod, but when i bought a new gen Nano it wouldnt charge it. Some google research indicated that Apple have done this on purpose, i would suggest so that everyone has to go and buy new docks and they make some more royalties.

Anyway i sent the Nano back as i wasnt happy with it. Now ive got the yaris with the TomTom unit with a USB plug, i figured that the new nano would work with its own cable, but it refuses to read it.

In a nut Shell it means that if you want to listen to and charge your ipod in you car you have to buy and old one.

Great, cheers apple.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links