Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Some Advice Please

turbozz

Hello I have just got back for having a custom made twin exit exhaust system put on my mr2 rev 2 GT turbo.

When got home very happy with my exhaust I went in for 5 min and needed to pop out again, sat in the car re'set the alarm turned the key and ""click""

nothing except that click from the engine bay?

very confused what the hell has gone wrong?

So I checked the couple of fuses in the engine bay and they where fine and moved onto the front of the car and opened the fuse box to find the 7.5amp fuse foe the ecu has gone! I replaced it the dash lights come on and on the final click it blows again!!??!!??.

Could this be a Jammed starter? im not a machanic but im not stupid either.

Could someone please give me an idea on what could be wrong.

P.S

I called the custom exhausts place incase of any bad earth connections he said the only things he touched was earth termnal and he tied the cat sensor out of the way under the engine bay.

thanks peter

I had a similar problem with my EFI fuse blowing all the time... and what had happened was that the wiring and connectors for the lambda sensor had melted on the exhaust causing a short as it had shifted from its clip...

Check on that?...

I put the car on axle stands and got underneath the car and there is defo no melted wires on the entire exhausts system.

I also disconected the cat sensor to see if that was causing the short and it is still blowing that 7.5amp fuse.

before i put it on the stands i pushed it forwards in 5th gear and nothing is gammed ( starter or engine) it rolled without any clunk.

I did think it must be a melted wire shorting somewhere.

The only other thing i can think is to maybe follow the wires from the starter to see if i can find it there.

Any ideas.

I posted a topic the other day saying im having trouble with my ecu fuse blowing after a exhaust system being fitted.

WELL what a plonker, When i got my head down under the bonnet I realised what an idiot I was coz it's the am2 fuse that keeps blowing not the ecu.

can someone give me an idea what would be causing this?

the car does bump start if that helps but will not turn over..

thanks peter

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links