Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing

Cherry Red Pocket Rocket

Bought a Yaris yesterday that was registered in 2000, used for town driving mostly and has only done 50k. Just booked it in for a service at a Toyota dealership in Kidlington in Oxfordshire and they want to charge me in the region of £170. Could anyone tell me if they are any good, if the service is a bit pricey and if there are any independent garages which would do the same job at lesser cost?

Any advice and information would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

if that is for a intermediate service thats not cheap, try and find out what they are going to do and replace,

Your car's 9 years old... why take it to a main dealer? Get a quote from an independent 'backstreet' place. Have a look on goodgaragescheme.com for recommendations

I take mine to an Independent garage in oxford, near Folly bridge and a full service(plug,coolant change etc) £150

Cheers for the helpful responses guys!

HowardL,

Whats the name of the garage? I'll give them a ring.

Cheers for the helpful responses guys!

HowardL,

Whats the name of the garage? I'll give them a ring.

GK auto's

If Toyota are doing a full service on it for £170, that's not actually a bad price if it includes everything+ vat.

Why not ring Toyota dealer and ask exactly what they will do and check, then ask for a total price for it all with the VAT. :thumbsup:

I didn't think it was too bad either, not sure if it included VAT or not though. It also includes a safety check and inspection to make sure everything is working as it should do. The only problem is that I don't know whether they will do the work they're supposed to (i.e. say they changed the spark plugs when they haven't), what level or service and whether they will try and rip me off or not. Also, as someone said, it is a ten year old car (almost) and that a decent independent garage should be able to do it much cheaper.

However, this presents one small problem. Where to find a reputable garage? A friend who I work with has an old Mazda and takes it to a bloke in Biecester known as the Mazada Man (but services other cars too) and she swears by him. He seems honest so I'll give him a ring too. Has anyone heard of him or have any experience with him?

At any rate, popped into the Motorists Discount Centre in Oxford and bought myself some spark plugs, oil filter, oil (Mobil SuperSyn Technology fully synthetic oill [is it any good and right for my engine?!]) and a couple of other bits and bobs to try and bring costs down. I've also bought myself a cool looking little black areal.

Got my front window wipers changed and replaced them with Bosch ones. Couldn't do the rear one though. Can anyone tell me what the trick to that one is?!

Lastly but not least, Toyota will also give my engine compartment a steam clean as it is filthy (probably hasn't been cleaned in the nine years of ownership!) And I trust them to do that as they should know what they're doing. If I don't take it to Toyota could anyone recommend a good valeting company that will clean my engine compartment and make it gleam without wrecking the electrics and what not?

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links