Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gory Do Not Click If You Don't Lilke Blood!

GIDDLEPIN

54 miles an hour + 44 Tons + Pheasant = SPLAT

Driving down the A1 this morning when this dumb bird decided to test the impact strength of my truck.

I saw it at the side of the road one minute and the nxt it was blood guts and feathers with it's head going in another direction, I was surprised at the small amount of leftovers on the panel after seeing what it ended up like :o

Splat001.jpg

Murderer! :P

I murdered a duck last year, took me a good few hours to pluck up the courage to look at the front of my bonnet as I though the head was going to be stuck in the grate. The feathers at the back however were a cool edition for a few weeks.

Poor you :( & like wise, poor bird :( I hate it when that happens. I hope that the chicks weren't hatched yet. If it was a brownish colour it was the Hen. If it was more brightly coloured - the *****. hmph :shutit: Male Bird :thumbsup:

You probably didn't get a chance, but when I see a pheasant on the road in front of me, I try to slow, because I know that it will take off straight across my line of travel. Pigeons are equally stupid

I have to admit I'm not a hard case killer, I closed my eyes when I knew what was going to happen and only saw the aftermath through my mirror ;)

If i ever hit anything in my car like a rabbit or a bird thogh the first thing I worry about is "I hope it hasn't damaged anything?" :eek:

I know how you feel Les.... I hit a pheasant many years ago in Suffolk and the mess was awful, it took quite a while to get the bits and feathers off the front of my car :angry:

The strangest experience of hitting something was when I was driving a Rolls Royce and ran over a fox.... bliney the rumbling under the car was loud :blink: That came out the back rolling in a semi-ball shape and clearly dead :wacko:

I have seen a number of aftermath scenes when I was a fireman.... the animals NOT to hit are horses and cows.... blimey they can mangle a car :crybaby:

If you want an "Aw" factor story I have just the one.

I pulled into a service area on the M42 two nights ago and noticed three ducks on the car park. One of them was sitting in what I thought was some discarded food and the other two were just waddling round as if a bit agitated.

When I got out of the truck to have a look they reluctantly left the pile of "food" but never ventured far away, the pile of food turned out to be the remains of one very flat duck and they must have been part of a family and didn't want to be apart........................AWWWWW!!!! :crybaby:

They did appreciate the crumbled up rich tea biscuits I fed them though. ;)

They did appreciate the crumbled up rich tea biscuits I fed them though. ;)

Does this mean that you have started your diet then Les?? ;) :lol:

i ran over a rabbit once!!!! was quite upset!!!!

Was on a country lane doing 60 and a rabbit jumped out the bush and i squashed it!!!!

Mum was mad with me when i got in for not getting out the car and checking that the rabbit was dead!!! told her it wasnt ideal when i was on a country lane with a 70 speed limit!!!

Ran over a snake crossing the road in Connecticutt 4 years ago - never stopped to see if it was ok :eek:

i hit a baby rabbit before around Caister way, then in the mondeo I hit a deer, i stopped to check it was ok but it had gone, lol just bofroe i hit it it pooed itself.

I didn't mean to hit it, it just ran from the middle of the road to the verge so i thought it would be ok but then ran infront of me. lol

worse story i heard about was when i was with my driving instructor, and one of his students had gone out with his dad in his BMW and had hit a badger and it had taken the whole front ond of the car out hahah

I blame the 560 Ponnies & the dumb bird :lol: ;)

I have to admit I'm not a hard case killer, I closed my eyes when I knew what was going to happen and only saw the aftermath through my mirror ;)

If i ever hit anything in my car like a rabbit or a bird thogh the first thing I worry about is "I hope it hasn't damaged anything?" :eek:

I presume that you mean the Rabbit's legs or the Bird's wings ? :unsure::doctor:

Many years ago when i owned a vauxhall caveliar i was driving on an estate in stoke on trent, a greyhound dashed out in front of me before i could hit the brakes the dog was under the car, thinking i had killed the animal i got out of my car to hear a rumbling from below the poor mite was struggling to get free from the sump area, when it made it clear of the car it just shook itself and carried off on its way to whereever it was racing to, a very lucky animal indeed had i been going any faster i doubt it would have lived.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links