Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tape/radio/volume Problems

gpduffy

Hi, if any1 could help me id be really grateful. i have a new d4d yaris with a 6disc sony cd player fitted. recently when i start up car, say for first 10 mins, only the cd system will work and the button for tape or radio wont. also the volume control doesnt work. after driving for a while things return to normal! does ANY1 know what i wrong with it? please help me. can you email me back on gerardduffy@hotmail.com

I take it the system was all working OK until recently? (ie- worked when it was first fitted).

I suppose it could be any number of things, but a possibility is that it might be some loose connections somewhere. As the equipment warms up from being used, everything will expand a little bit from the heat which might be just enough to sort out the dodgy connections temporarily.

If its under warranty still, then toyota and/or the supplier of the 6 disk changer should sort it out for you.

yeah it will be a loose connection.

Today while on the Motorway my headunit reset all the settings, Im gonna have to check the wirings

thanks 4 the tip.

but is there anything i can do to try to fix this? how would i work at the wiring --- also do you think it mite be a fuse?

you say sony cd player? has this been added onto the OE yaris unit??? or is there a sony headunit running it?

thanks again 4 the tips!!

it is a toyota radio - is that wot u mean by headunit and a song 6disk cd player fitted under the passengers seat!

do i need to just check the wiring after i take off the front dash? have u seen this problem b4 m8 with the engine cold with no volume or cd/tape control??

its an unusual case is it the sort of changer that the radio tunes into?

I haven't seen this exact problem before, although have had numerous wiring problems over the years before.

The trouble is, the wiring fault could be pretty much anywhere - and if its inside the stereo then there probably isn't that much you can do about it apart from replace the stereo.

I'd suggest u take a look at the wiring on the back of the head unit and the high level display/controls. Make sure they are all securely fixed in place and that there aren't any loose wires on the wiring harnesses.

Is the car still under warranty? If so, then I'd just take it into Toyota if u have no luck with the wiring - they'll most likely just replace the whole lot.

cant get 2 dealer in time bak from work - took heater controls off and 1st part of dash, no loose connections there? any point takin apart the lower part down by the cigarette lighter?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links