Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alternator For Mk2 Rev1 Turbo

nics

Hi, I have a Mk 2 Rev1 turbo, and the alternator has gone. Does anyone know whether the alternator is different for the turbo models than the standard? Or where I can source one? Cheers!

Hi, I have a Mk 2 Rev1 turbo, and the alternator has gone. Does anyone know whether the alternator is different for the turbo models than the standard? Or where I can source one? Cheers!

Alternators are different between N/A and turbo ,and different between years ,some have round plugs and some have oval plugs.

Alternators are different between N/A and turbo ,and different between years ,some have round plugs and some have oval plugs

Hiya - thanks for the reply, I've got somebody coming to have a quick look at it today or tomorrow, he thinks the alternator itself may not need replacing after all as it might be just loose/corroded wires. I'll get hold of the part no. and find what shape plugs they are anyway tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Turbo alternator is normally larger than the standard.

Try 24/7 spares or Jap spares . . . .can normally pick up a 2nd hand tested one for 60-£70. Belt can be picked up on eBay for 7-£12.

Other than that, get your original one reconditioned. . . .costs around £90

Nightmare i know, hope it helps

i have 1 off a st165 celica think thats the same and just in notts

Hi

Just a pointer for you ,on the alternator plug there are three wires ,with the ignition on ,all three of these wires should have 12 volts at them or thereabouts

If any havent the alternator wont charge ,Normally its the black and orange wire which is the problem ,if you run a separate wire from the fuse box (tap into the thick black and yellow wire) to the alternator it should now work ok

Its a common issue on the MR2

Hi

Just a pointer for you ,on the alternator plug there are three wires ,with the ignition on ,all three of these wires should have 12 volts at them or thereabouts

If any havent the alternator wont charge ,Normally its the black and orange wire which is the problem ,if you run a separate wire from the fuse box (tap into the thick black and yellow wire) to the alternator it should now work ok

Its a common issue on the MR2

Hiya - cheers for the alternator, have got it fitted and car is doing fine! We think the numpty that owned it before me caused some kind of short circuit with his sound system wiring and burnt it out.... anyhoo, the new one is looking good so thanks for that :), we are going to check all the wiring over for the voltage as u suggested anyhow, just to make sure all is well, but all the warning lights etc. have gone off so looking good.

Thanks to all for the replies too, much appreciated! Glad to have car on the road again yay! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links