Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering Affect Camber?

pizza boy

Wanted to know if lowering the mr2 can affect the way the camber is set...the lower you go the more effect on camber y/n?

Yes......most people find you get a bit of negative camber on the rear wheels, it is because of the very agressive toe-in setting........apparently the common procedure is to use crash bolts to adjust it. HOWEVER there a quite a few people I know of who have lowered there 2's and had very little or no issues with un-even tyre wear etc.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

most people find you get a bit of negative camber on the rear wheels

As you already know Im about to lower my MR2....I asked the guru Iv'e brought the shocks off about it and he said:

"Camber shouldn't be an issue on the back, the front may have a bit to much -ve and cause the tyres to wear on the insides. I personally wouldn't use crash bolts as they're prone to moving and upsetting the alignment, but there are no other cheap alternatives that I know of."

He has a couple of Caldina GT-T's one SEVEARLY worked, and half a dozen MR2's again one SEVEARLY worked.....so contrary to what I have read I'd take his word on it :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links