Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Raising Petrol Prices..

Yarisboy

Seems like another wonderful idea from the government, can't see much point in it myself though.

the news reckons that all the motorists they asked were in favour of the idea... I can't really believe that so let's gauge TOC's general reaction to it;

you pay more for your petrol (again)

but you don't pay for road tax

what do u reckon?

Thats utter :censor: :censor: , i spend a quarter of my monthly income on fuel just for the commute!!

To tax that would financially cripple me!!!

bluddy hell !!

I pay enough for petrol as it is !

NO WAY !!! I would much rather simply pay for road tax.

So people who hardly ever use petrol or have a small engine car are fine.. but people like me who have a tubby and commute alot will be buggered !

no way! they are gonna make millions more out of that!

id be more obliged to pay an extra 50 quid on raod tax and see a 5p/ltr of fuel drop

I thought the reaction would be not too disimilar to this... it does seem a little outrageous.

I think the logic behind it is that 1.5million drivers don't pay road tax... so the only reason I can think why they would do this is because they can't be ubikd to chase down and badly fine these road tax offenders (like they should do!!!!!)

instead it's much easier to make more money out of the driver again, except we're now being punished for all the pr :censor: ks that don't pay road tax! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

and jaxx, that's a lovely notion m8... but the goverment would lose money with that approach! :lol:

ok so maybe that was an optomistic example but to do such a thing would be a good idea in a sense

You just know that the govt will work this so that we all end up paying more in fuel than we would have in fuel and tax, robin gits.

how about actually punnishing those who don't pay?

(and you see insurance is getting a hike too, cause of the ammount of people who don't pay?)

Which is why they should combine the DVLA and Insurance Databases. They will then be able to see who hasn't got insurance and fine/prosecute accordingly.

hey are they gonna get round dumped cars on the street?

Which is why they should combine the DVLA and Insurance Databases. They will then be able to see who hasn't got insurance and fine/prosecute accordingly.

The problem here is that the kind of people who dont buy insurance and tax are the kind of people whos car is registered to a totally fictitious person and address. So you couldn't catch em anyway.

that sounds like sense to me

and to agree with Bibbs it really is a big sham at the end of the day, you have four and twenty different organisations trying to manage their own bit of the situation and to comunicate they go through the middle man, the catalyst and the third party and basically you end up with a game of corporate chinese whispers!

and who comes out worse of all at the end of it?

US!

:(

I agree with it and the quicker they bring it into action the better, but I bet they actually dont as it'd be too much of a reform for good old blighty.

Sticking the tax on petrol would be the fairest, as at the moment, all the little midget engined cars (no offence intended) pay less raod tax?? why?? your still using the roads. And all the old classic dont have to pay any at all. Someone who uses their car say only once a month has to pay the same as someone who uses their car everyday.

Thats not fair surely.

Abolishing RFL and putting an increase on petrol is the fairest way.

The problem here is that the kind of people who dont buy insurance and tax are the kind of people whos car is registered to a totally fictitious person and address. So you couldn't catch em anyway.

You have coppers in cars .. why not link them to the central computer .. any old banger they see (cause most people without tax/mot/insurance will have an old banger) they check and if they are found to be missing any of the info, pull them over and castrate them with a pair of pliers ..

Or is that too much like hard work for the police? Why bother, when you can put up another speed camera ..

just heard on the wireless that insurance companys are loosing so much cash through ppl not bothering and then wrecking the car etc....totalling 1 billion quid so they may have to counteract it by banging up the price of juice to a nugget a litre!

:arrgg-matey:

You have coppers in cars .. why not link them to the central computer .. any old banger they see (cause most people without tax/mot/insurance will have an old banger) they check and if they are found to be missing any of the info, pull them over and castrate them with a pair of pliers ..

Or is that too much like hard work for the police? Why bother, when you can put up another speed camera ..

I havn't seen a copper, let alone a police car where i live for god knows how long. I happen to know for a fact that the coppers here just don't give a toss, they never turn up, not even to 999 calls! and when they do they seem very nervous because i live in a problem area. They have also been known to VISIT security guard friends of mine and sit there drinking tea with their radios turned OFF for hours on end. Is this a reflection of the kind of people the police are recruiting at the moment. I watched as a Royal Navy Green Goddess crew had to literally, physically fight off a 20 strong crowd of 17 yr old yobbos while a police riot tranny with 8 of them in just sat there and watched. I dont think the majority of UKs police forces are up to the job any more. BLUE LIGHT TRAFFIC WARDENS.

I agree with it and the quicker they bring it into action the better, but I bet they actually dont as it'd be too much of a reform for good old blighty.

Sticking the tax on petrol would be the fairest, as at the moment, all the little midget engined cars (no offence intended) pay less raod tax?? why?? your still using the roads. And all the old classic dont have to pay any at all. Someone who uses their car say only once a month has to pay the same as someone who uses their car everyday.

Thats not fair surely.

It's good to see somebody who agree's with this for a change :thumbsup: .

I'm not sure about having to pay an extra 30p/ltr, but in priciple I don't mind. As long as over a year, I would spend an extra £165 when I do average mileage I wouldn't mind. At 30p a litre I reckon I'd wind up paying about £600 a year (This is a guestimate, so I'll understand if you want to knock my maths), if it were to be about 10p it would be more reasonable (and comparable). Hell, it may even encourage me to cycle to work more!

A plus point is never having to wince at having to Shell out for a huge road tax bill once/twice a year, I know I'd spend the same amount, but I'm pants at saving.

If you start to look at this in terms of environmental impact it makes more sense. People will eventually get the message and turn to more economical cars or walk and cycle more.

Thats not fair surely.

Im affraid ive got to agree with this aswell............

Although at the end of the day its another scam for the poxy government to make s**t loads of money.........

This country makes me sick!!!!!!!! :angry:

Lee

Great, MORE running costs for driving. (good/ (gerneal) law abiding ) Motorists r getting screwed once again. Road tax is a b***x idea tbh, none of the money actually gets spent or the roads, but hiking up hte price of petrol, as if it isnt high enuff already!

I'm not even gonna say my piece here. venting my frustration on this matter wouldn't be very nice for the eyes. :ffs:

-Z

OK I have to say it's not a bad idea in principle.

Why should 40 000 mile a year Vectra man pay the same road tax as a classic owner or pensioner who just goes to the shops once a week ?

Use the road more - pay more. Plus saves on admin in the whole process of issuing tax disks - so spend that on roads was well !

Only real problem is we produce insurance when we pay our tax so it's an automatic yearly check - I'm pretty convinced there would be more insurance dodgers if the 'tax on fuel' (sorry should read MORE tax on fuel) policy was adopted.

I want road tax to be higher, a lot higher and the petrol cheaper .. and you can only buy petrol with a valid MOT, TAX, drivers licence and insurance ..

(And then tax push bikes and go-peds too .. )

any one who doesn't have a taxed car, won't be able to get petrol .. and then less cars on the road, quicker journeys to work ..

it is a fair idea, in principle, but you just know that the government will take it to the extreme. they'll put an (even more) unfair amount of tax on top of what's already there, and you can almost guaruntee, the average person would end up paying more tax than they would have with a tax disc. otherwise, why would they bother?

I want road tax to be higher, a lot higher and the petrol cheaper .. and you can only buy petrol with a valid MOT, TAX, drivers licence and insurance ..

Like it :lol:

BUT

what about that dithery old ****** that buys his weekly shopping and his petrol at the same time then pays by cheque, you know, takes that long you need a shave by the time you come out.

Imagine how much longer it would take if he/she had to produce all their documents aswell. :eek:

Should all be on a swipe card for the car .. when you get it MOT'ed, they edit it with the date .. when you get tax .. you get it updated etc ..

So instead of the V5, MOT, TAX, insurance etc .. you have one card to say it's all of these .. the you can produce your licence and your "car card" © (-patents pending) .. and you visa ..

and if they don't have these .. you get to give 'em a swift kick in the knackers ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links