Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking Problem

sunshinecoast

Hi Everybody

Just after a little help, we have a 06 verso that we have had about 4 wks, we have a problem with the central locking sometimes where it will not lock with the keyfob, you can still unlock it with the button, but no matter what you do the locking button doesn't work. The dealer has put new batteries in both keyfobs, but this has not helped ( all this has done is meant that the keyfobs fall apart now as the catch for the little key isn't working and I end up with the keyfob in 3 parts!). Just wondered if anybody has had this problem and could help, as it is going back to the dealer on wed (to have a new master cylinder) and they are going to be looking into this problem aswell.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Sarah

Hello, this might sound stupid but i mean no offence. Have you made sure all doors are closed properly. If they are not the remote will not lock the car but it will unlock it.

Hi Celiswede

Thankyou for putting that suggestion, I'm feeling a bit sheepish as I've obviously not shut the boot properly when it hasn't locked and I haven't noticed. I'm a bit annoyed that the dealer hasn't mentioned this as I have told him exactly what has happened and all he suggested was new batteries which he has put in, but now the keyfobs are not clipped on properly :angry: . My old car locked even if the doors weren't shut properly, so it hadn't even crossed my mind that it could be this. Thankyou so much

regards Sarah

• 3 weeks later...

> I've obviously not shut the boot properly when it hasn't locked and I haven't noticed. I'm a bit annoyed that the dealer hasn't mentioned this

This still catches me out from time to time, even after 3 years!

I know this may sound dumb, but my Wireless doorbell can also couse me a problem - honest!

If someone pushes the button in so that it is permanently pressed then I cannot lock the car, I did wonder what the hell was going on till I sussed it

They must operate on the same frequency I guess

Dave

I know this may sound dumb, but my Wireless doorbell can also couse me a problem - honest!
Not dumb at all, there are only so many radio frequencies that the Government licenses for product use, so you will find that cordless phones, AV sender units (that beam TV signals around your house) and wireless computer networks share some of these and interfere with each other. We have a set of those remote control mains sockets (very useful for turning the Christmas lights on and off) that make our cordless doorbell ring when you turn one of them on.

You will also notice that if you place the remote locking fob against your head when you push the button the range increases (you act as an aerial). This can be useful to know when the Battery is running low as the signal is amplified when weak.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links