Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dump Valve

meakin

Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me how to fit a dump valve to a glanza?? or is it a job for the pros??

Thanks

10 minute job mate, what dump valve do you have?? Any fittings with it??

Do you have a front mount intercooler? or are you running with standard top mount??

That looks like its designed for a GTS-t Skyline.

Does the mounting flange on the base of the valve come off??

If it doesn't than you will struggle like hell to fit that unless you've got a fmic, in which case you will need to weld a flange onto the pipe work.

A Starlet running the top mount intercooler needs a dump valve with a 19mm take off, like this one:

2971739470103389187S600x600Q85.jpg

(Thats a HKS series 1 with a Starlet specific mounting, Im sellng it too btw ;) )

Alternatively Bailey Motorsport sell a fitting kit which includes an alloy 19mm-25mm reducer pipe which means you can mount any valve with a 25mm takeoff (alot more common than 19mm)

These both mount into the hose that leads into the stock valve.

If your running a fmic, most Starlet kits have a dump valve take off in roughly the stock position:

2331094430103389187S500x500Q85.jpg

(This is my old car with a 25mm Forge valve fitted to a 19mm reducer pipe)

If you have a fmic and to fit your valve to it you would neeed to weld a flange to match the one on your valve onto the pipework,somewhere near the throttle body.

In all fairness, if your valve doesn't have a removable flange I would sell it and get one with a take off of either 19mm or 25mm, ideally 19mm then it'll fit straight on without the need for reducers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links