Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Noob With Questions

JerseyJim

hi hi, i have a '93 EP81 Xli, its not had the best of lives up until now and requires some immediate attention to keep it going.... I dont want to part with my spare kidney just yet to afford to repair it with genuine toyota bits, so any pointers for parts? The main problem i am having is finding EP81 bits, almost everything i find is EP82 turbo, seeing as the EP81 is NA how many similarities are there?

I need cv joints, a complete clutch, discs and pads etc, so will EP82 turbo parts fit?

Im also looking to do some simple mods on it in the next few months to give it a few more horses, what in the way of mods are there for the NA EP81, an please dont say fit a turbo motor, the wife has just got her ticket so we need to be able to afford for her to insure it too...

thanx in advance :)

Alot of components are shared, not sure exactly what though!!

I think the front brake pads are the same, front disks are vented on a GT IIRC. GT has rear disks, Id imagine yours has drums??

CV joints should be the same. Not sure on the clutch but Id imagine it would be different.

Do you have a Toyota dealer near you?? They should be able to tell you whats interchangeable between the ep81 and 82.

With regards to extracting more power, firstly give it a good service. No point tuning something thats not running 100%. So new plugs, oil, coolant etc.

An uprated panel filter and an exhaust system should see a few extra ponies. Id imagine you would have to have the exhaust custom made though as I don't know of anywhere that does an off shelf one for the ep81. Could get an induction kit but unless your going to have a heat shield round it and run a cold air feed its pretty pointless.

Depends how far you want to go with it really, you could put uprated cams and even individual throttle bodies but your talking ££££'s to do it.

yes we do but tbh their not that helpful, they jus want to take your money...

it has a good service history, most of them on time etc and the first 60k miles (now 83k) done at dealer! unfortunately it has been a garage loan car for the next 20k miles and one of their spanner hands rides after that, so when i bought it it had been 'patched' up for sale... so in the 400 miles ive done since purchasing it it has started to fall to bits :(

anyway, i may look down the route of cams an throttle bodies once the remedial work is done...

might just try and find a turbo for myself and leave the trouble an strife with this one :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links