Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tip/trick Needed To Replace Window Glass

skinnyinny

Hi

i have a 1994 Hilux Surf 3.0 V6 petrol. I had a rattling sound from inside the rear door and found that the rubber channel and bar on the window regulator had slid off the roller. I managed to get the metal channel back on the roller ok and crimped the end of the channel to stop it coming off. The problem is that I can't get the window glass back into the rubber channel on the regulator. I don't want to lubricate in case the glass slides out when the window is operated. Is there some insider knowledge as to how you slide the glass into the channel - I have tried for about 90 mins :(

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Gidday mate. I have been a Auto Glazier for many years and find two things. When those rubbers are old than you can buy new rubbers and install it by putting the rubber on the glass first than push into the metal runner. If you use soapy water it dries out and wont leave oily residue and will hold fine. If you cannot get new rubber than a lot of the ones i have done , i just glued them into the metal runner with proper silastic and primer . This will also work but dont move the window until after you leave it to cure. Hope this helps.

Mark

Hi

i have a 1994 Hilux Surf 3.0 V6 petrol. I had a rattling sound from inside the rear door and found that the rubber channel and bar on the window regulator had slid off the roller. I managed to get the metal channel back on the roller ok and crimped the end of the channel to stop it coming off. The problem is that I can't get the window glass back into the rubber channel on the regulator. I don't want to lubricate in case the glass slides out when the window is operated. Is there some insider knowledge as to how you slide the glass into the channel - I have tried for about 90 mins :(

Thanks

As Mark said above, you need to get the rubber and metal on the glass before you feed the window into the door, I had the same with my Landcruiser window the other week, and I wet the rubber with the glass resting on a cushion, then I just thumped it on with my hand, it does go on but dont break the glass.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links