Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq2 Gearchange Woes Are Real!

Conway

Hi Peeps, Has anybody actually got anywhere with solving the 1st to 2nd gear change fiasco in their IQ or is it just bad design? Also has anybody noticed how when you change down from 5th to 4th you get lost in the post lol i.e. there is no sprung guide between these gears as there is in every other car I,ve driven?Oh and just to quieten the "Toyota evangelists" LOL it really is a lovely little car my wife loves it anyway, thats job done isnt it,Yes? :yahoo:

• Like 1

Hi Peeps, Has anybody actually got anywhere with solving the 1st to 2nd gear change fiasco in their IQ or is it just bad design? Also has anybody noticed how when you change down from 5th to 4th you get lost in the post lol i.e. there is no sprung guide between these gears as there is in every other car I,ve driven?Oh and just to quieten the "Toyota evangelists" LOL it really is a lovely little car my wife loves it anyway, thats job done isnt it,Yes? :yahoo:

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but mine was "repaired" some weeks back and I've noticed little to no improvement.

If anything it's actually worse! I now get stuck going from 2nd to 3rd occasionally! before it was only 3rd to 2nd.

TBH I'm holding off going back for a little while as I'm hoping in the meantime they actually work out what the REAL issue is and start fixing it.

Has anyone's been 100% fixed? :blink:

Mine was fixed via the bulletin from Toyota GB & I have to say it is MILES better, in fact probably cured.

• Like 1

Mine was fixed via the bulletin from Toyota GB & I have to say it is MILES better, in fact probably cured.

I have occasional temporary resistance going into 2nd from 3rd, but no other gearbox woes, touch wood.

It is not ideal but I am reluctant to take it to MrT until the fix has been well and truely tried and tested, but there are so few iQs in the country there is probably not much urgency on Toyota's part.

There must be plenty of iQs in mainland Europe and Japan now, but if they all have the 6 speed box it won't help our case.I am not sure if they sell the 1.0l, with 5 speed only in the UK, letting everywhere else have the 1.33 and diesel versions, probably with the 6 speed box.

I have occasional temporary resistance going into 2nd from 3rd, but no other gearbox woes, touch wood.

It is not ideal but I am reluctant to take it to MrT until the fix has been well and truely tried and tested, but there are so few iQs in the country there is probably not much urgency on Toyota's part.

There must be plenty of iQs in mainland Europe and Japan now, but if they all have the 6 speed box it won't help our case.I am not sure if they sell the 1.0l, with 5 speed only in the UK, letting everywhere else have the 1.33 and diesel versions, probably with the 6 speed box.

Thanks will keep on it, at least Im now armed with enough info to tackle Steven Eagell Toyota,s reticence about the problem :censor:

I had a notchy 1st to 2nd when I first got the car and several times couldn't get it into 2nd from 3rd. However, I have done just 500 miles in the last 4+ weeks since I picked it up and it seems much better now.

Can change gear easily and rarely if ever does it not go into 2nd from 3rd.

( I was wary too of taking back with these issues as there seem to be so few successful fixes).

Your comment about changing down from 5th surprised me as I had never found this an issue but probably because not had to think about ( driving for 25 years). So I consciously thought about this on my way home from work yesterday. My gearbox is definitely sprung with 3 / 4th being the default position.

I have push across to 1st and 2nd and if I drop out of 5th it autuomatically springs back to 3rd/4th so I can just select up or down without having to move across.

• Like 1

I had a notchy 1st to 2nd when I first got the car and several times couldn't get it into 2nd from 3rd. However, I have done just 500 miles in the last 4+ weeks since I picked it up and it seems much better now.

Can change gear easily and rarely if ever does it not go into 2nd from 3rd.

( I was wary too of taking back with these issues as there seem to be so few successful fixes).

Your comment about changing down from 5th surprised me as I had never found this an issue but probably because not had to think about ( driving for 25 years). So I consciously thought about this on my way home from work yesterday. My gearbox is definitely sprung with 3 / 4th being the default position.

I have push across to 1st and 2nd and if I drop out of 5th it autuomatically springs back to 3rd/4th so I can just select up or down without having to move across.

Thats interesting there is definitely no guide from 5th to 4th on ours and if anything the 1st to 2nd issue has worsened slightly , I suspect that this whole issue is resultant from many not having been adjusted and tested in the factory or they have a flawed system for doing so, at least we get 1st,3rd, and 4th spot on !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links