Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Scrappage Scheme

Parts-King

Toyota will be involved in the UK Government scrappage scheme. While not all details are known, Toyota have put out a press release, available to view on our website

TOYOTA PRESS RELEASE at Lindop Toyota

If you want to know more, use our CONTACT US form and we will contact you when any further information is released

Kingo :thumbsup:

Not really read too much into this but.... potentially i could buy a banger from the auctions that will then be worth £2k against a new car?? :blink:

Not really read too much into this but.... potentially i could buy a banger from the auctions that will then be worth £2k against a new car?? :blink:

no, you have to have owned the scrapping car for the previous 12 months.

So is it just for cars built in Britain? Is it for brand new or "nearly new" cars?

The other half mentioned scrapping her MR2 for something that probably about 12-18 months old, from a uk dealer.

NEW cars, built in the UK, the idea is to give a boost to the new car market, not used. As above, there are T&C's to getting the 2K

built in the UK,

are you sure about this?

that sounds protectionist & I'm sure that the other EU countries would kick up a fuss.

That buggers her idea of chopping the MR2 in for a bit of a few month old 1 series coupe then lol.

built in the UK,

are you sure about this?

that sounds protectionist & I'm sure that the other EU countries would kick up a fuss.

Like I said, full details are not on the table yet, but read the Toyota press statement and it appears only Auris at this time, manufacturers do not have to offer the scheme and can opt out, Toyota will opt in but on limited models I think. Germany have their own version of this scheme. I could be wrong about UK built, that was mentioned in one trade journal I read, the final wording comes mid May

built in the UK,

are you sure about this?

Yes lets be protectionist and look after ourselves for a flippin change.... lets tell our Euro cousins where to fly their flags and we will fly ours here :yes::thumbsup:

Yes lets be protectionist and look after ourselves for a flippin change.... lets tell our Euro cousins where to fly their flags and we will fly ours here :yes::thumbsup:

There might just be a song for your post Steve :D

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

are you sure about this?

They do the same! Cars built in their own countries qualify for their version of the same scheme.

There might just be a song for your post Steve :D

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Should one of the lines in that not be "Rule Britannia! Britannia waives the rules"? Only Joking :fear::bag::bash: :lol2:

are you sure about this?

They do the same! Cars built in their own countries qualify for their version of the same scheme.

but so do cars built outwith their countries ...

Lets have a look at the (more affordable) cars built in the UK, not including the likes of Aston Martin, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Noble etc - ie no prestige or performance cars

Ford build the Transit in Southampton (ok so not a car, but vans are included in the scheme)

Honda build the Civic & CRV in Swindon

Jaguar Landrover build the XF, XJ & XK in Castle Bromwich, the X-Type & Freelander in Halewood & the Defender, Discovery 3, Range Rover Sport and Range Rover in Solihull

MINI build the MINI in Oxford

Nissan build the Micra, Micra CC, Note, Primera & Qashqai in Sunderland

Toyota build the Avensis & Auris in Burnaston

Vauxhall build the Zafira & Astra in Ellesmere Port

So if restricted to UK cars only, that's 22 cars available on the scheme (including the likes of Jaguar & Landrover, which aren't exactly affordable for most regardless of a £2,000 scheme)

I'm not even sure if all that info is correct (it's from Wikipedia!) ie the new Avensis may not be built in Burnaston but the old one was and Vauxhall built the old Vectra in Ellesmere Port but not sure about the Insignia.

Either way, if it is UK only, it's hardly a varied selection of vehicles.....

An interesting puzzle would be my Corolla Executive. No, I am not parting with it, in fact I am looking at a new Sunroof & respray ! :wacko:

However, It was owned by the same family in Wales / Loughborough for 13 years & I imported it & have owned it for 5 years. It, however, from the VIN number was made in Japan.

If I put its old UK plates back on & re-registered it , would it be eligible ?

Only a theoretical question !

Either way, if it is UK only, it's hardly a varied selection of vehicles.....

it's definitely not restricted to UK built only e.g. the Ford Galaxy is included in the (Ford) scheme & that's built in Genk.

Where the hell is Genk???!!!

Belgium :thumbsup:

The scrappage scheme depends on what the Manufacturer wants to do as there's a £1k allowance from the govt and 1k comes from the manufactuer.

The main criteria are:

The p/x was registered before 31st July 1999

Owned for at least 12 months

MOT'ed and taxed (or SORN'ed)

Owner must be a resident of the UK and UK address on the V5

The cars that it can be traded against are decided by the manufacturer, ie if a manfacturer decides that only cars bulit in the UK count then your restricted in what you choose. Officially the scrappage scheme starts on 18th May, there is a limited pot of cash available from the govenment, once this has run out then the scrappage scheme will end or the scheme will run until the end of March 2010. Out of that pot will come the govt admin costs as well.

Nissan are extending the offer a tad further by allowing 2k against a car built in the UK for p/x's between 8 & 10 years old, this will only be allowed for Nissan's built in the UK. At this point I haven't heard what other manufacturers are offering as they don't have to take part if they don't want to.

And Em, your list was almost correct, Primera hasn't been made for a couple of years so the UK list should be:

Micra

Micra C+C (End of lined although a few left)

Note

Qashqai

Qashqai +2

Miguel Fonseca (Toyota Managing Director) has said this about the Scrappage Scheme:

"By leveraging the benefits of local production we can make Auris affordable for customers who need a family car. I am also very keen to use this incentive as much as possible to the benefit of British workers."

So it seems that Toyota are trying to use the scheme to mainly increase the sales of the UK built Auris and Avensis'.

I heard on the Radio today that some Ford garages are offering upto £5k with this scheme :thumbsup:

Thats if you could bear to own one that is :bag:

I hear there is a limited budget on this too, in other words, when all the Goverment £1000's have been given away the scheme is over OR by May 2010 whichever is the sooner, I will post up the full details when we have them

Interestingly, the Ford £5K give away is a marketing ploy to get sales moving for them, you can hardly give a Ford away at the moment :lol:

you can hardly give a Ford away at the moment :lol:

To be fair, the new Ford Fiesta has been the biggest selling car of the year so far IIRC..... so they're hardly suffering! I'm yet to see a new Avensis or iQ on the roads round here....

Ford Fiesta nice little car. Ford Kuga nice big car :yes::yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links