Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev1 Or Rev 2 Fixes?

TRDGT

Now that I know the rev 3 is the one to get it might be darned near impossible

to find one. SO if I have to get a rev 1 or 2 what fixes should I have done to

make it better? Are the majority of the upgrades for rev 3 expensive to do?

I've seen a few rev 2's that look tempting.

Rev2's are okay up to about 280 bhp on stock internals etc .. and thats "fairly easy" ..

The rev3's are 20 bhp better (but same torque) & don't tail off at the end of the rev range .. and can go up to about 320 before opening the engine ..

I'm running 250 bhp and 260 ft/lb on a rev2 .. I've just got WI and should be able to get an extra 20/30 BHP easy ..

Depending on how much of a "driver" u are u'll like the handling of the rev1 better. As the suspension setup was tweaked in l8r revisions to make it safer, i.e. more understeer rather than over.

Not sure how different it feels on tubbys but i've driven my rev1 n/a and my uncles rev4 and i can honestly say i like the handling of my car better. And thats a neutral opinion :)

-Z

Or you can got for full aftermarket Jap spec race suspension with : No bounce, no rebound, infact no movement whatsoever ..

Then add extra strut braces .. drop it by 2 inches .. and then it'll corner on rails .. and shake your teeth out ..

Or you can got for full aftermarket Jap spec race suspension with : No bounce, no rebound, infact no movement whatsoever ..

Then add extra strut braces .. drop it by 2 inches .. and then it'll corner on rails .. and shake your teeth out ..

Sigh... only one thing missing tho...

£££££££££

:(

-Z

Suspension .. £400 of a mate .. braces .. free of the importer ..

says u the lucky sod who got a sweet set of coilovers cheap :P

-Z

hehe, thats my prob. i don't know ne1 like that.

It's just as bad when it comes to nething mechanical, every1 i know is awsome w. front engine cars, just dont know much about the 2!

It's a rite pain in the a**!

-Z

Rev2's are okay up to about 280 bhp on stock internals etc .. and thats "fairly easy" ..

The rev3's are 20 bhp better (but same torque) & don't tail off at the end of the rev range .. and can go up to about 320 before opening the engine ..

I'm running 250 bhp and 260 ft/lb on a rev2 .. I've just got WI and should be able to get an extra 20/30 BHP easy ..

I thought the stock motor was good up to 500bhp with stock internals? That's what someone said in one of my

other posts. The car runs 200 stock doesn't it? So that's not much of a boost.

Oh yea I plan on doing suspension anyhow so handling characteristics aren't too important to me. I'll find the

setup that suits me best.

I thought the stock motor was good up to 500bhp with stock internals? That's what someone said in one of my

Oh yea I plan on doing suspension anyhow so handling characteristics aren't too important to me. I'll find the

The latter engines may take 500 bhp on stock pistons etc .. but you'll need a new turbo and cooling ..

280 bhp in a RWD, mid engined car for £2500 (the car) + £100 (for the valve etc ..) Aint expensive for something that'll toast 90% of what is on the road ..

The latter engines may take 500 bhp on stock pistons etc .. but you'll need a new turbo and cooling ..

280 bhp in a RWD, mid engined car for £2500 (the car) + £100 (for the valve etc ..) Aint expensive for something that'll toast 90% of what is on the road ..

I assumed you needed a bigger turbo, fmic, etc. to "get" to 500 but I was purely basing it off of what the stock motor can handle. Like a Supra can handle rediculous power but of course requires upgraded fuel, cooling, turbo, wastegates, etc. You had me worried there for a sec thinking the motor could only handle 280 bhp. I was thinking I'd have to rebuild the motor with forged pistons, and all.

:lol:

Yeah .. I'll be looking at 270/280 bhp after this weekend.

Only running stock turbo/internals/intercooler .. upped boost and Water Injection ..

how much do you want to get out of it ?? Also.. what you planning on doing with all this power ?? Simply driving about ??

Ever been in a MR2 Turbo in the rain ??

how much do you want to get out of it ?? Also.. what you planning on doing with all this power ?? Simply driving about ??

Ever been in a MR2 Turbo in the rain ??

Jimlad, I'm not sure how much power I'll try and squeeze out of it but the car will be used on the track more than on the streets. It's a project car. Have no intentions of driving it in the rain. But my 400 rwhp Supra gave me all the experience I ever wanted in the rain so yea I can imagine. Simply put 300 rwhp isn't enough for me. Especially since the car isn't as light as it looks.

I assumed you needed a bigger turbo
Stock ct20b is good to about 300 or a tad over.....with smart upgrades and for what you wanna do with it you could probably live with it...or upgrade it.
fmic

smic ;) only ONE MR2 I know of with a fmic and it's MAJOR work and probably why only one was ever done :D

but of course requires upgraded fuel

Gen III stock fuel pump is good enough to supply 850cc injectors....I know of a few that are running them with no issues.

cooling

HIGHLY reccomend a good oil cooler too ;)

When I e-mail you fella's that article (and 2 more ;) ) can someone post them on the forums??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

TRDGT - get yourself a gxsx-1000 or an R1, you'll be 5% bovved about cars after!!!

Ahhhh I want an R1 so bad but my wife won't let me get another bike. Just a lesson for y'all not married yet. If you have a motorcycle before you get married. DON'T get rid of it or you'll never get another one. :(

When I e-mail you fella's that article (and 2 more  ) can someone post them on the forums??

Think I can attach suff being a goldie ..

Yeah .. I'll be looking at 270/280 bhp after this weekend.

Only running stock turbo/internals/intercooler .. upped boost and Water Injection ..

I;ll be going the same way mate in a month or 2 or 3....

Just gonna finish what I've got planned first.

Bodykit/spray job

Seats

ICE

Then that'll be it !! .... project finished... Supra time... :)

what are you going to do with your MR2 if you get a Supra? Just a warning about the Supra. The

power is addicting as hell. *sniff* Still regret ever selling my baby. Of course that goes for all of the

cars I've owned. I've got a disease for cars.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links