Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T-sport.......

Lee 1

Ive had the motor for a while now (from new) and i dont even know if its alarmed or not....... cant seem to find any means of sirens or owt like that!!

Anyone help?

Cheers

Lee

I’m sure an alarm is standard fitting on the T-Sport, is it inbuilt with the horn?

Wind your window down, lock but don’t double lock it and open the door and see if anything goes off.

:thumbsup:

I think all T-Sports should be alarmed. If I remember rightly, it does work with the horn and lights rather than having a seperate siren.

You should be able to test it like the-voice-of-reason suggested. Or try leaving the bonnet open a little bit, locking the car, then opening it. Mine tends to go off if I wash it without unlocking it.

course its alarmed didnt ya read the brochure or owners manual!

the siren is located under the fuse box and its !Removed! loud when it goes off!

course its alarmed didnt ya read the brochure or owners manual!

the siren is located under the fuse box and its !Removed! loud when it goes off!

Yeah i read the details about it and it says its got an alarm - just cant seem to find it thats all!!

Ive tried putting the windows down and looking it, then open the doors, but still no joy.........

Is there any other way of testing it?

Lee

Is a UK Model or an import? I've noticed there seems to be a fair number of things different between UK and Euro specs?!? Only offering a possible explanation, I'd have thought even the Euro specs wouldn't stinge on that sort of thing.

If your car is imported (still UK spec) then it may not have an alarm. Mine is a UK spec car but imported (not grey import) and it has am immobaliser but no alarm.

Kaz

On the TS there is a Cat 1 alarm as standard.

I also have fitted a concept 400 + immob. Trust me when i say that the Cat 1 will detect motion.

If i dont dis-arm the car the right way i.e. Cat 1 first then Clifford, the CAT 1 will get set off.

The motion of the door lock going up with the clifford is more then enough the make the Cat alarm go mad.

Opening the doors would therefore be classified as motion so the alarm should activate.

If you are having problems, take the car back to the dealer and kick up a fuss :ffs:

:thumbsup:

edit to say that mine is UK Spec (Japan Made not French) and deffo has an alarm and immob as standard

If your car is imported (still UK spec) then it may not have an alarm. Mine is a UK spec car but imported (not grey import) and it has am immobaliser but no alarm.

Kaz

Well thats that sorted!!

I didnt actually buy the car from Toyota themseves. I have a mate that works in a Fiat dealership and they got me a good deal on it. The first thing i spotted when i picked the car up was 'no TTE spoiler'....... so after playing holy hell with them, i got them to fit the spoiler free of charge otherwise i wasnt accepting the car.

Ive since heard that European models dont come with a spoiler. Am i right in saying this?

In the end i got on to them and asked if the car was imported and they said it wasnt, this making me very confused............ bearing in mind ive got an english log book!

So still to this day i dont know if the car was imported............... :help:

Lee

So at the end of the day

check its origin of registration through the log book

a couple ways to test it or just shake it about by pushing on it when its locked up and stood still

or sit inside and then press the key fob 'twice' to arm the interior sensors, wait a sec then start dancing about - that gets it going!

I bought my car from a private seller I bought it when it was 7 months old with only 3000 miles on the clock (at a great price) She was selling it as it really did suit her life she needed a range rover type car as she needed to pick up haybays and the YTS wasn't really big enough. it came unregistered so 1st registration was UK with a UK log book and manual. The car had the spoiler and every thing else the same as UK cars the only difference was no alarm.

I get the impression it was a German made car and was imported via Ireland (??)

I must say it is a lovely built car NO rattles (touch wood) and a very soild built vehicle.

Im convinced mine came in from Ireland aswell. Just it was registered in Preston which is on the West coast, but i actually live in the North East....... <_<

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links