Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Spare Wheel

sundance

Hi folks I've just signed up today 7th May. I haven't got an iQ yet but will get one in November when my 3 year old Smart 4-2 is due for MOT (usually an 8 hour wait watching mechanics crawl back and forward and carrying on with no sense of urgency) That's the main reason for changing, the very poor customer service. My Smart is the second one I've had and has only 9000 on the clock, anybody know what the trade in value is? Can't wait till November. ps has the iQ Nnot got a spare wheel same as the Smart? Sundance

Hey there!

The IQ does not come with a spare wheel but under the rear seats you will find a tyre repair kit

Hope this helps :)

Hey there!

The IQ does not come with a spare wheel but under the rear seats you will find a tyre repair kit

Has anyone had a puncture, used the kit, made their way to a tyre-fix place and had the puncture repaired without any problems?

I can imagine some won't want to work with a tyre full of some gooey substance which has to be cleaned out and dried off first, and will just suggest a new tyre is the only solution.

I wouldn't mind carrying a space saver, as I don't carry passengers, if I could get a cheap one!

Traded in my 1 year old smart pulse in March for £5,500 - had 7.5k miles on it.

I done some research, went on we buy any car.com and looked at others for sale on line, the trade in price/private sales seemed to be around that price.

I only paid £7200 for it so wasn't too disappointment and the IQ is so much better.

The first toyota dealer we went to spend nearly a week dithering checking the spec. of the smart etc makng out they didn't know what it was and therefore how much it is worth.

The following Saturday we went to another delaer who offered what we wanted straight away so we signed for a new IQ there and then.

Have had it for 7 weeks now and I would never go back to Smart.

Hi and welcome.

Thanks folks mind you I have a tyre sealant cannister and a compressor so I'm not bothered! Anybody traded in a 3 year old smart 4 two very low mileage? Sundance

Hey there!

I think once you have used the repair kit you need to buy a new trye as the gunge cannot be removed from inside the tyre. I carry the holts repair kit as well as I think that works better less complicated dont need the compressor

Hey there!

I think once you have used the repair kit you need to buy a new trye as the gunge cannot be removed from inside the tyre. I carry the holts repair kit as well as I think that works better less complicated dont need the compressor

I carry two of the Holts things in case the first doesn't work.They don't cost much and seem less of an effort than the Toyota stuff and compressor.

I believe the "stuff" is water soluable and should just wash out when the tyre is taken in for repair...I just don't see the average Mr Kwik whatever bothering.

Probably quote "health and safety" and say they are not trained to do it, so can't and won't...but would you like a shiny new tyre, mate...only way your going to get out of here....

What a cynic I am.

I got my tyres filled with tyre seal so no problems - virtually puncture proof!

Is that the "Puncturesafe"sealant?

It looks good.

I thought about it but then wondered, when it is time to change the tyres, the fitters may not be too keen to work on the wheels with all the sealant floating about, needing to be cleaned up, etc.

Or is that not a problem?

• 7 months later...

It looks good.

I thought about it but then wondered, when it is time to change the tyres, the fitters may not be too keen to work on the wheels with all the sealant floating about, needing to be cleaned up, etc.

It looks good.

can you tell me where in the UK i can get this "Puncturesafe" sealant from and is it expensive? The reason i ask is that i have just had a puncture on me new RAV4 and it cost me a new tire £146 + £70 for the bottle of gunk!!!!! not happy.

Michael(mick@richmondwatson.wanadoo.co.uk)

Just do a "google" search for "puncturesafe" and that should get you the info you need.

As I said in a different thread I ended up getting myself a spare wheel and tyre for my iQ, as I expect if I had a puncture I would have to buy a new tyre anyway (that is what seems to happen if you use the sealant stuff, as far as I can see) and this way I just have to change the wheel as on a normal car rather than mess about with sealants etc, and then get the puncture repaired in the usual way.

I don't need 2 rear seats so the space to carry it is not a problem.

You can buy the 2 (two) seater version iQ (called Strata 2 Seater) for less 10% in Ireland (No seats in the rear / belts / rear airbags)!

Every 3 years we have to update (buy a new one!) sealant - but thats valid for all manufacturer. :angry:

You can buy the 2 (two) seater version iQ (called Strata 2 Seater) for less 10% in Ireland (No seats in the rear / belts / rear airbags)!

Every 3 years we have to update (buy a new one!) sealant - but thats valid for all manufacturer. :angry:

I like to have one usable rear seat so the 2 seater wouldn't do for me, but it is interesting the number of different variations of iQ that there are, in different countries.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links