Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking To Get My First Yaris

Martin_kt

Hi all,

I have a Corolla 1.6 auto, and im looking to down size to a Yaris, iv seen a car id like to get

but it says its an automatic

1999 60k 1.0 automatic

But are they any good? is it a normal auto gear box, ie stick it in drive all day

or is it something different?

many thanks

Mart

Hey Martin,

I have a manual Yaris and I love it. I think the Auto was a kind of semi auto gearbox of that era. Probably best to check it out to make sure it has a full auto mode and isn't just a clutchless manual. But if the box is ok I doubt you'd be dissapointed with the Yaris.

Only week points on Yaris' which I can think of is the suspension bushes can wear quite fast at around 30K miles, dashes can rattle a bit, clutches on 1.3's and 1.5's can be week and wear prematurely; both my 1.5 and my wifes 1.3 needed new clutches at around 35K which to me is very early, my old Corolla only needed a new clutch at 80K. But don't let those things put you off they are otherwise fantastic, cheap to run, practical, reliable and great fun to drive.

Good luck matey.

Yumma

There is full auto and semi-auto boxes for the Yaris. If it says free-tronic it is the semi-auto box. The full auto will look like a regular auto box that can only be shifted down vertically with PRND32 etc. The semi-auto looks like a manual gear stick but has no clutch pedal.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links