Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Mech Squeek - 2004 1.0 Yaris

t4ed

Hi

We have a 2004 Yaris blue 1.0. Clutch has developed a squeek (clutch end not pedal). Anyone had similar problems with this model ?

Ed

Do the revs flare up in higher gears?

Not had this before. Had a squeaky pedal though, bit of silicone grease sorted that out, not that that's pf any use to you :unsure:

more than likely its the clutch arm pivot ball.

no real problem apart from it being annoying.

you can remove the clutch slave cylinder and dust boot, pull clutch lever away and using a small brush cover the ball in copper grease (or similar) then refit everything.

noise should go after this is done.

Mart.

Funnily enough, I've got a 2004 T2 1.0 and on the 50000 service & MOT last month they gave me a list of advisories. One of them was a squeaky clutch! I can't say I've ever noticed it (normally got the radio on) and even turning the radio off and trying to hear it it's barely audible (unless my hearing's worse than I thought). I thought it was odd they'd mention something so slight but maybe it's something known about that model.

Just my tuppence. Later,

Mick

you can remove the clutch slave cylinder and dust boot, pull clutch lever away and using a small brush cover the ball in copper grease (or similar) then refit everything.

Mart.

Thanks Mart. Good to hear it isn't a fatal fault. I will have a go at lubrication as you suggest.

Thanks to others responding, problem is mechanism squeek even with engine off, so not clutch slip. The car has only done about 20k.

Ed

Mart.

Thanks Mart. Good to hear it isn't a fatal fault. I will have a go at lubrication as you suggest.

Thanks to others responding, problem is mechanism squeek even with engine off, so not clutch slip. The car has only done about 20k.

Ed

Mart.

Ed

I am pleased to inform everyone that use of brush to first clean out dirt then apply a little grease between clutch slave cylinder piston ball end as suggested by Mart has cured the squeek. Thanks folks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links