Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tiq Taq Springs

no_data

Well you can see the difference & I think it is just right but the handling >>>>>>>> Oh my god it is brilliant, no more wallowing into the bends & leaning like a pram, she sits low & goes like she is on rails. My mate followed me & said she has much better stance now. Still thinking bout getting the spacers as they are from same company as the springs but bit dear so have to save.

BEFORE

P1010177_2700x2025.jpg

AFTER

IMG_0254.jpg

Happy Jaine & TiQ TaQ B)

mate, you could change a fuse & they would invalidate your warranty! My dealer thinks they are Toyota springs so......

I was not aware that Toyota had produced any modified springs :unsure:

Well first proper test yesterday with a run to birmingham for a car show which was ace. One person is cancelling thier order for a Smart today & ordering an iQ as fell in love with mine. She had so much attention & was on the Porsche stand! That annoyed them :lol:

The springs are fab & she handles really well on the bends but not lost too much comfort in ride at all. The only thing I have to be careful of is speed bumps as those front flaps nearly touch floor so have to take it easy now like a chavvy boy racer ha ha.

Also saw my first other purple one yesterday! Yippeee

Tallaman I am confused as you said on your post you ordered the Toyota ones then you say you ordered H&R ones? Or are you double lowering :thumbsup:

Jaine

Tallaman I am confused as you said on your post you ordered the Toyota ones then you say you ordered H&R ones? Or are you double lowering :thumbsup:

Jaine

Hi Janie,

Yes indeed I have ordered the Toyota springs but over the weekend changed my mind.... To be honest Im torn between going the full hog with the H&R springs or the official Toyota version.. From looking at your pictures the car does look awfully low which could cause problems with the fuel tank.... This was mentioned to me by a Toyota GB techinical chap..... I guess it's finding a right balance..

Who knows.. It's been driving me mad!

Steve

Too low, pah!! Can never be too low :P

Its only 5mm difference between the 2, not gonna be too much difference surely

Too low, pah!! Can never be too low :P

Its only 5mm difference between the 2, not gonna be too much difference surely

Hi Sally,

I think you'll find its 10mm but yes your right it can never be too low..er lol

Steve

surely changing springs invalidates the warranty on the car???
mate, you could change a fuse & they would invalidate your warranty! My dealer thinks they are Toyota springs so......

Toyota lowering springs are perfectly fine and will not affect your warranty

Aftermarket one's tho will invalidate your warranty if you have a suspension related problem...

Car looks good tho! :thumbsup:

Took the car on another long trip yesterday with two up & the springs are perfect. H&R are not able to get them TUV approved if the petrol tank scraped/hit at any point etc. I even went off road & was still cool. I do believe you can go too low & then it can look silly but these at 35mm are just right for me.

Took these yesterday at Southwold. See there is still decent clearance. Toyota would mention that as they want to sell thiers obviously. As for warranty even changing our bulbs could invalidate all electrics on the car if they wanted to be picky about it.

Jaine

P1010604_2800x2100.jpg

P1010609_2800x2100.jpg

P1010602_2800x2100.jpg

p.s is there anyone that can photoshop something for me on one please?

p.s is there anyone that can photoshop something for me on one please?

Janie,

I use Photoshop... What is it you would like me to do for you?

Steve

Looks low at the front end, how do you cope with speed humps? Some of them around here would result in the front being ripped off.

As long as you go over them slow you are fine, I forgot other day & the front flaps scraped but being flexible it was fine. Used to going steady over humps as the Williams was lowered & the 172. Still so chuffed though & as they settle it will sit lower. The whole stance is squat now rather than looking a bit up in the air if you get me.

Jaine

I use Photoshop... What is it you would like me to do for you?

On the third photo could you take the metal loop thing out that is across the front wheel? Not sure bout photoshop so may be asking the impossible....I really don't have a clue

Thanks Jaine, so the speed humps are doing their job! Perhaps there should be a few more cars out there on the roads made to have their springs lowered, it would slow down some of the nutters around here! (I am not suggesting you are a nutter!) If anything, the presence of a speed hump makes some drivers go quicker!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links