Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pollen Filter

HowardL

Does everyone remember to check theirs.

Changed mine 2 yrs ago , checked it just out of curiosity...it was filthy.

They are not cheap, £10 95 from Motorist discount centre

Does everyone remember to check theirs.

Changed mine 2 yrs ago , checked it just out of curiosity...it was filthy.

They are not cheap, £10 95 from Motorist discount centre

Not checked mine since i got the car!! :( (i know, lazy!)

Where is it located Howard? and how hard a job is it?

Cheers :thumbsup:

It is behind the glove box door. Simple to change just pull it out and replace.

See the service manual sticky at the top of the main Yaris forum page. Would recommend downloading it. Has guides for everything.

It seems that only Yaris's with air conditioning have pollen filters. Mine has just got a blower so when I pulled out the glove compartment and had a look, nothing was there.

All models of yaris have pollen filters as standard, it can be hard to spot but if you look right to the very top of the motor you will see a rectangular panel with lugs at either end of it, just give these a gentle tug and out it pops.

Hope you find this helpful.

All models of yaris have pollen filters as standard, it can be hard to spot but if you look right to the very top of the motor you will see a rectangular panel with lugs at either end of it, just give these a gentle tug and out it pops.

Correct, my lads 1L has no AC but has a pollen filter,

it too was very dirty.

Cherry red pop around to mine and I'll show you where the filter is!

The genuine Toyota ones are £10. Ordered one from Parts-King.

See picture attached on how to replace.

post-58560-1242121013_thumb.jpg

Most don't have filters as standard but most have the empty container. It takes a very short time to fit a filter but be careful you don't break the glovebox.

Most don't have filters as standard but most have the empty container. It takes a very short time to fit a filter but be careful you don't break the glovebox.

All models of Yaris sold in the UK from 1999 (S to CDX) have pollen filters as standard, if you come across a filter panel without one then it has been removed ( probably to improve ventilation when the filter gets blocked with debris and not replaced)

A quick check to see if you have one fitted without removing the glovebox is to set the blower on full power and the vent set for fresh air and head/face height, if it spits out bits of leaves or debris then chances are it has been removed.

All models of Yaris sold in the UK from 1999 (S to CDX) have pollen filters as standard, if you come across a filter panel without one then it has been removed ( probably to improve ventilation when the filter gets blocked with debris and not replaced)

A quick check to see if you have one fitted without removing the glovebox is to set the blower on full power and the vent set for fresh air and head/face height, if it spits out bits of leaves or debris then chances are it has been removed.

I have a letter from Toyota Customer Services in front on me. It was sent to my wife when she complained about fumes in her 2008 TR (wretched heap). In in Toyota say that only the T-Spirit has a pollen filter as standard and that not all models have the capability to have a pollen filter fitted. By dead reckoning (straw poll of the 8 or 9 loan cars we've had since we got the thing) those with air con have the empty canister, those without aircon don't.

T-Sport was a model from the previous generation Yaris not the new generation like your wifes so what the T-Sport has to do with anything in her car I dont know.

My CDX has a pollen filter and so do others I know with Yaris that are not T-Sport models. There are two different pollen filters available for the old shape so as stantheman1 all of them have it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links