Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Concourse My Supra?

Karma Supra

I have been thinking... this alone is worrying as I usually end up with daft ideas...

I do like my supra.. its by no means fast, I'd be better of speed wise with a bog standard uk spec 3.0 turbo for about a grand, but its pretty rare, and pretty tidy..

Its sitting in the (heated and alarmed lol) garage over winter and wet days with my old mans motors... its pretty much a sunny day fun car... I have the probe as my workhorse (hopefully soon to be replaced with either a 2jz-GE (yes, no "T") soarer or an IS200).. its aready going to be respreyed for sure... (I'm fussy ;))

The question is do I go mad and totally rebuilt it up from the base as the ultimately anally retentive concourse mk3... or keep it as a mint "fun car?" even tho I'm probably going to get something else for "pressing on" driving (I don't speed ;))

What do you guys think? (some of you have seen my car)

Definately don't play with it, it's not cost effective, just enjoy what you have. If you want something faster buy something faster. Modified cars are epensive on the old insurance and expensive to mod in the first place. As I see it - lose lose......

Definately don't play with it, it's not cost effective, just enjoy what you have. If you want something faster buy something faster. Modified cars are epensive on the old insurance and expensive to mod in the first place. As I see it - lose lose......

thats exaclty what i said in my previous post... :P :rolleyes:

I'm not overly bothered about cost... I bought the thing for £3k and have already declined offers of £4K, 4.5K and 5K for it... Mk3 supras are now making above book price...-they are going up in value. Thats the UKspec ones.... I have another car for "stuff" so this will only come out in the dry and I'll not really rag it loads.. its a cruiser not a racer :) I can't decide!!!!! its gettign a total resprey for sure... just do I go the hole hog? or save my ultra perfectionist project for a hotrod I'm semi thinking about (either '32 model B ford or '47-53 chevvy pickup)

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGG

If i was you, first i would get the IS200 :D

Then forget all together about modifying the supra :lol:

So many people are modifying cars now that your pushed to find 100% standard one's.

Keep it mint and you'll keep the value up on it too.

Im going to be leaving the IS200 stock and mint but in the mean time im going to start my top secret project :lol:

All im going to say is Santapod 2005 (not this year as it wont be ready :lol: ) im gonna be kicking some butt! :lol:

By concourse I don't mean modifying it ;) I mean keeping it as is, but restoring it to "better then new" condition. I'm even thinking of standard mk3 supra wheels , but in chrome :)

I think I will leave it as is, I am not/was not going to modify it any further anyway only "standard mods" like leather interior and stuff lol..

I neeeeeeed a project to keep me busy :lol: (and out of trouble)

Project cars are sooooo cool. You get to keep your day to day car and your bit of engineering fun seperate which i think is a good idea.

Cant wait to start mine, just need to find the room.

Im hoping for 400bhp with my car, purchase price 2k, money on mods 3.5k what can i buy that has 400bhp and is 5.5k to buy???

Charlie, if you chrome the wheels it wouldnt be concours, my understanding is that it has to be completely stock.

Nick there are modified concourse classes :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links