Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Maybe A New Owner Of A Yaris?

mela

Hi

I'm thinking about buying a yaris (2008 or 2009) to change the aygo.

Which one do you think is better: 1.0vvti / 1.4D or 1.33?

I have now a yaris 1.0 2009 as cortesy car, that I find more economical and easy to drive that the 2008 one. But I keep thinking that even the aygo is more fast. Do you think the diesel is a good option? What about the 2008 models or are 2009 better?

please give me an advice :wacko:

Hi

I'm thinking about buying a yaris (2008 or 2009) to change the aygo.

Which one do you think is better: 1.0vvti / 1.4D or 1.33?

I have now a yaris 1.0 2009 as cortesy car, that I find more economical and easy to drive that the 2008 one. But I keep thinking that even the aygo is more fast. Do you think the diesel is a good option? What about the 2008 models or are 2009 better?

please give me an advice :wacko:

Hi, I'd say the 1.0 would be a bit underpowered in the Yaris, so unless you drive in excess of 15,000 miles per year I'd go for the 1.33. If you do drive high mileage and do lots of motorway journeys (plus have a ponchant for filthy oily diesel pumps) then go for the diesel). I had a diesel once but never again. I think the 1.33 is the way to go but that is my personal preference, I'm sure others will like the low down torque of a diesel.

Regards

yumma

The 1.0L suits the Aygo very well; Copes very well and doesn't need more.

In the Yaris, it's a bit more marginal, espescially in the newer Yaris which is bigger and heavier than the older Yaris.

The 1.0L is more than fine for low speed city use, but on country roads and motorways you'll be glad of the extra oomph the D4D and 1.33 have.

I'd recommend either the D4D or the 1.33; The 1.33 is cheaper to buy than the D4D, but the D4D is cheaper to run in the long term.

Defo 1.33.

I have a 2008 1.3 which is great, but i would have liked the 6 speed for quieter motorway work.

These VVTi's like good fuel (Vpower, BP Ult) makes a big difference, and need a couple of thousand miles to loosen.

Ian

Just ordered a 1.33 petrol. I've had a 1.0 T2 for the last 5 years and 50000 miles and it's been absolutely sound. The newer ones are bigger (heavier?) though and I wonder whether the 1.0 will be struggling on the motorway. As far as I'm aware it's the same 1.0 in the Aygo and Yaris so the same engine has more weight to pull round which might explain a bit of a difference. I'd say if you're mostly driving round town the 1.0 will be great. For me with lots of motorway miles I thought it sensible to move to the 1.33. Just my thoughts.

Later,

Mick

Hi Mick

As I said before I have a 1.0 yaris 2009 as a courtesy car right now. I'm driving it for a Week and a half until a new business is done. I tried to drive this YARIS in motorway and it was noise and more slow that my previous AYGO.

However it is more economical and easy to drive and turn then the yaris 2008. Is as good as aygo in town but when in the motorway is like a turtle.

usually I drive in town but sometimes i need to go in motorway and i think 1.0 is not very good. :unsure:

as per my other posts on the forum...

I;ve got the 1.4D yaris, and it's fantastic. The 1.0 courtesy car i had would be enough to turn me off the yaris all together.

The 1.4 has enough poke to be nearly fun (lthough a tuning box would sort that out...) and damn economical.

I was feeling guilty about moving from a 1.0 to a 1.33 from a "green" point of view but it's starting to sound like I've made a good decision with the motorway driving I need to do. Maybe someone's got something good to say about the new 1.0? I suppose it depends what kind of trips you need to make and, as has been mentioned, I bet the 1.0 is pretty damn frugal.

Later,

Mick

The 1.33 in the New Yaris is from the Auris and has a 6 speed gear box with Stop/Start. It’s as green as the 1 litre. The extra gear on the motorway will give you a more refined ride. The new 1.33 engine is quieter and the new Yaris has more sound insulation :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links