Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice On Iq Grades?

JoshC89

Hey there people, after looking at reviews and opinions for the IQ it seems that the car makes sense and have opted for it to be the car i am bought when my parents sell the house (in current climate that may be ages away) so in the mean time just trying to work out what kind of extra's people advise with the car.

Basically is the sat-nav extra actually worth the amount?

Also was looking at the sports package for the iq which adds some skirts, small spoiler attachment and other small differences, though wondered if this package may make the iq look a bit stupid? chavy?

Would just like to hear from anyone with an opinion and also people who may have these extra's on there car!

Thanks!

I have the spoiler/skirt/exhaust combo and it is by no means chavvy!! It makes the car IMO, all the ones i have seen without it look 'naked' and not quite finished!! No offence to anyone without the pack!

The only thing is, Toyota seem to not fit the exhaust properly and it hangs down...but my partner did a small adjustment to mine and it sits much more flush with the body now.

I havent got the Sat Nav, and kinda wish i had gone for it BUT i couldnt justify the extra grand when if i really needed a sat nav, we have three in our family already haha

Why dont you check out the IQ in pictures thread for some inspiration on what look you like the best etc

Hey there people, after looking at reviews and opinions for the IQ it seems that the car makes sense and have opted for it to be the car i am bought when my parents sell the house (in current climate that may be ages away) so in the mean time just trying to work out what kind of extra's people advise with the car.

Also was looking at the sports package for the iq which adds some skirts, small spoiler attachment and other small differences, though wondered if this package may make the iq look a bit stupid? chavy?

Would just like to hear from anyone with an opinion and also people who may have these extra's on there car!

Thanks!

Honestly if you really have a choice and maybe a few grand more, then for pity,s sake buy a bmw/mini LoL

If youre really tight on money go for an Aygo, If you,ve any sense of style buy an Alfa Romeo they are very decent these days.

Unless you,re completely in love with the IQ,s looks it will disappoint you once you,ve been more than just round the block in it ,

at least take this advice test drive it for a day not just ten minutes ,I damn well wish I had ,having said all that ,get the automatic with leather trim as a minimum plus anything else you can manage , hope that helps !

Thanks!

Honestly if you really have a choice and maybe a few grand more, then for pity,s sake buy a bmw/mini LoL

If youre really tight on money go for an Aygo, If you,ve any sense of style buy an Alfa Romeo they are very decent these days.

Unless you,re completely in love with the IQ,s looks it will disappoint you once you,ve been more than just round the block in it ,

at least take this advice test drive it for a day not just ten minutes ,I damn well wish I had ,having said all that ,get the automatic with leather trim as a minimum plus anything else you can manage , hope that helps !

Even better, wait for the 1.3 with six speed manual to come around maybe later this year, yes?

thanks for your replies guys especially sallyIQ!

i respect your advice conway but my main issue is insurance, because mine is so high at the moment im trying to keep in the lower insurance groups until i build my no claims up, then i would think of buying something that goes like stig. problem is im in the minority and cannot stand bmw's in general due to there sheer commoness and i dnt like the new mini's tbh (only the retro ones), though i was thinking of waiting for the 1.3 engine as hopefully it would give slightly better pace!

so if i booked a test drive with my local toyota dealer i could have the car for a day & are there any costs involved apart from petrol? (excuse my dumbness)

Thanks for the replies guys

Wait until July for the 1.33 6 speed engine :thumbsup:

That was said just TWO posts previously

Even better, wait for the 1.3 with six speed manual to come around maybe later this year, yes?

Obviously you share the same opinion :P :lol:

Tell you what....why not wait for the 1.33 6 speed engine! :thumbsup:

There, that's three of us who share the same opinion! :D

Must be a democratic freedom of expression thing ;)

Tell you what....why not wait for the 1.33 6 speed engine! :thumbsup:

There, that's three of us who share the same opinion! :D

Must be a democratic freedom of expression thing ;)

I certainly agree that it might be worth waiting for the 1.33 litre version with the 6 speed gearbox when it is released in July.

This version truely has the ability to become "a peoples car".........................Now.......where have I heard that democratic expression before?? :P :lol:

I certainly agree that it might be worth waiting for the 1.33 litre version with the 6 speed gearbox when it is released in July.

Wow! :eek:Four of us now sharing the same opinion! :thumbsup:

Toyota the weigh of expectation is building on you now......don't let us down! :D

And your point is? Happy Un-Birthday ring any bells?, 25 pages of repetitive drivel...

Just a thought...you could always wait until July when the 1.33l and 6 speeder comes out.....

Thanks!

And if in any doubt buy the Aygo, I loved our old Aygo, sorry to see it go Lol, insurance should be cheaper on that anyhow.

There are just too many issues with the IQ and Toyota need to get their act together before one can recommend them willy nilly so to speak and not just the outrageous price tag either.

In truth i dont actually know if they will let you test drive one for a day, I just know that you really need to before signing your soul away to them and thats just the service contract :o

And your point is? Happy Un-Birthday ring any bells?, 25 pages of repetitive drivel...

If you are going to quote me James, then please use ALL of my post. :rolleyes:

I was merely pointing out that you shared the opinion of the person that posted two posts before you and if you care to read further through the thread you will find that several other posters agree, Including myself.

I am not on here to score or make points James.......................are you?? :rolleyes:

(Many members appreciated the humour and friendliness of the classic H.U. thread, something that is sometimes sadly lacking these days on TOC ;) )

If you are going to quote me James, then please use ALL of my post. :rolleyes:

I was merely pointing out that you shared the opinion of the person that posted two posts before you and if you care to read further through the thread you will find that several other posters agree, Including myself.

I am not on here to score or make points James.......................are you?? :rolleyes:

(Many members appreciated the humour and friendliness of the classic H.U. thread, something that is sometimes sadly lacking these days on TOC ;) )

I’ve told you before; it’s TVOR to you Red Yaris 54! You don’t know me personally or well enough to use my name. Please refer to me by my screen name.

You push people’s buttons with goading remarks then try and back track as if you’re innocent then come back with the twitchy stubby lock/delete/edit finger. I do read all through your threads (unfortunately) and have noticed a trend with your remarks with certain members.

Neither of you own an IQ so get out if your gonna misbehave in here :P

If you are getting the 1.0ltr iQ then go for the iQ2 as all the little extras especially the alloys are well worth it. As for the bodykit personally I do not like it, the back tends to look like they have stuck a sump guard on the wrong end but as people have said look thru the photos threads as there are pictures of both there. There are also after market bodykits appearing on internet now with some nice bits indeed. Exhausts are out soon from a couple of tuning companies. As for the sat nav it worries me that people are so unable to read a map or find thier way somewhere without having someone guide them road by road & the money Toyota are asking is ridiculous as is what the satnav unit looks like on the dash IMHO. You can always get an aftermarket one on fleabay for less than £100 & take it with you if you sell the car. :)

I dont think people can compare a BMW Bini with an iQ, the price & car is completely different & if you want a Mini then original is the way to go as I have owned 7 of the things! If I was closer I could have taken you on a few drives see how you liked it, sure your local dealer would let you have an extended drive if it means a sale of 10k plus as they are not selling quite as well as they expected now due to financial stuff going on.

Regards

Jaine

Neither of you own an IQ so get out if your gonna misbehave in here :P

I might not own an IQ SallyIQ, but I certainly enjoyed my extended test drive that I had in an IQ the other week. :thumbsup:

Terrific cars which I feel will be even better with the addition of the 1.33 litre engine and 6 speed gearbox when it is introduced in July :)

(I have left the previous posts in situ and hope that we can move on with this thread :thumbsup: )

Well i certainly didnt expect so many responses; even if half of them are people arguing amongst themselves LOL.....

i agree the 1.3 alternative is better but then you end up losing the free tax band classification and plus should it really matter if i can arrive somewhere just slightly quicker than in a 1L IQ?

For £30 a year in tax you will get a modern and a more technical superior engine with more refinement, a high power to weight ratio.

For £30 a year in tax you will get a modern and a more technical superior engine with more refinement, a high power to weight ratio.

I wonder, in practice, how the realistic day to day economy will be affected by having a larger engine.

I remember I put an 1098cc engine in a Mini (original) some years ago and it was more economical than the 850cc engine that it replaced, due to giving more power and torque at fewer revs, and not being so stressed.

I would have thought, too, that a larger engine would be able to pull a gearbox with fewer speeds rather than needing more.Multi-speed gearbox's used to be needed on small frantic engines with narrow power bands, not bigger, torquey engines that the 1.33 is supposed to be.

A test drive will be very interesting!

this all sounds very interesting then, im also liking the start/stop technology that the new 1.3 version should have, why on earth did toyota release a 1.0 litre version in the first place? surely it would have made sense to have just the 1.3 version either with manual/automatic and the 1.4 diesel with manual/automatic? so really the 1.0 litre version could be just a trial run for toyota? like everyone else has stated to improve parts of the car?

The new 1.33 is the same size as the 1.0

I meant larger internal capacity, 1.33l as opposed to 998cc, rather than physical size of the engine casting!

Obviously the vehicle body is the same size.....

this all sounds very interesting then, im also liking the start/stop technology that the new 1.3 version should have, why on earth did toyota release a 1.0 litre version in the first place? surely it would have made sense to have just the 1.3 version either with manual/automatic and the 1.4 diesel with manual/automatic? so really the 1.0 litre version could be just a trial run for toyota? like everyone else has stated to improve parts of the car?

They probably released the 1.0l to be one of the first non hybrid cars with less than 100gm/km co2 and hence zero road tax and no congestion charge in London, had Boris not changed the rules.Would have been a good marketing ploy, I suppose.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links