Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Gt Turbo Engine Cutting Out

Yamajee

Hello all.

This happened to me a while ago, I have a 4E-FTE powered Dune Buggy. Manual 5 Speed Transmission, everything stock such as Turbo, ECU, wiring, etc. Basically everything in a Starlet put into a Dune Buggy. I was off roading I wasn't going at full speed or even boosting the turbo, at once the rev went from being normal and smooth to cutting... in all gears and even when in idle it revs normal but you feel like the engine is a bit cutting out and when I rev it to about 2000RPM and make it still it starts cutting out so the rev is normal in idle but when going over 2000RPM or so it starts cutting out, took it to a garage and he saw the distributor bolts were loose and that the adjustment isn't proper now, so we adjusted it and still the same either turning the distributor right and left didn't solve the problem. Could it be a burnt ECU or what? and usually when you hit full gas in idle it should hit the cut-off but mine just keeps cutting out at like 5000RPM and backfires :/ so not sure what the problem is. I hope you guys can help me out!

If you need any more information, or ask questions, please feel free to do so.

Thanks in advance,

Yamajee.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links