Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi Im New & Need Help Please

nawaters

Got a couple of problems which i really need some advice on.... Just brought a 3.0L 4 cylinder surf SSRX, it has a couple of problems 1 i can fix but need advice on which is the PAS pump is leaking a lot of ATF and i need to change it, so my question is are all surf PAS pumps the same for example 2.5L and 3.0??? Is there a difference in pumps??? :o

Also it will not go into over drive and the speedo does not work so its drinking diesel. :( ....Iv no idea on this 1 so LOTS of help need here please. Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am new too. Have had Surf SSR 3.0 for 3 years and love it. But it is so thirsty. Its auto and it needs to get to 55 mile an hour before getting into top.

Have been told that gearbox can be 'doctored' to get gear change sooner thus making more economical, anyone know how and where to get this done?

Asked Toyota workshop and they were pretyy dimissive.

Thanks

Got a couple of problems which i really need some advice on.... Just brought a 3.0L 4 cylinder surf SSRX, it has a couple of problems 1 i can fix but need advice on which is the PAS pump is leaking a lot of ATF and i need to change it, so my question is are all surf PAS pumps the same for example 2.5L and 3.0??? Is there a difference in pumps??? :o

Also it will not go into over drive and the speedo does not work so its drinking diesel. :( ....Iv no idea on this 1 so LOTS of help need here please. Thanks in advance

It will be in top gear and overdrive a lot sooner than 55mph, what you are feeling at 55mph is the torque convertor locking up.

It will be in top gear and overdrive a lot sooner than 55mph, what you are feeling at 55mph is the torque convertor locking up.

Thanks, any idea how to make gearbox change up sooner at lower revs to increase fuel consumption?

What fuel consumption figures are you getting now, maybe just being lighter with the right foot will work.

You will be in top gear overdrive around 30-35 mph so i dont think you will make much difference by changing the gaer pattern, 24-30 mpg is around normal.

Fuel consumption will increase if you have chunky tyres fitted too.

What fuel consumption figures are you getting now, maybe just being lighter with the right foot will work.

You will be in top gear overdrive around 30-35 mph so i dont think you will make much difference by changing the gaer pattern, 24-30 mpg is around normal.

Try to keep to 2k revs, getting about 18 to 20 mpg, which seems pretty poor :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links