Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why Would You Buy One? The Suzuki Swift Is Better.

Johan007

Granted the IQ is one of the best looking cars I have ever seen but I can't justify the relative huge cost.

If you want a green car you don't need to pay 10k for it.

If you want performance then where is the turbo version? Smart do a 84bhp turbo (0-60 in 10.9) petrol engine for only £8,637.23 RRP. Fiat do a very fun Panda 100hp for less.

The car that beats them all (price, performance, and quality) is the Suzuki Swift 1.5 at £8,699.

Are people buying the IQ for just damn good looks.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• no_data

• Johan007

• Alex.N

• Vitz_man

Granted the IQ is one of the best looking cars I have ever seen but I can't justify the relative huge cost.

If you want performance then where is the turbo version? Smart do a 84bhp turbo (0-60 in 10.9) petrol engine for only £8,637.23 RRP. Fiat do a very fun Panda 100hp for less.

The car that beats them all (price, performance, and quality) is the Suzuki Swift 1.5 at £8,699.

Partly the looks, yes.

that and the tax free driving, and the exclusivety! Swifts are EVERYWHERE.....as are Mini's, Pandas, Smarts etc.

I guess I'm a closet show off....I love people staring as I drive by :)

Don't forget the higher insurance and servicing costs on the Swift.

From the Swift article :"The Suzuki’s 1.5-litre engine is happy to rev, but fuel economy doesn’t suffer much as a result. The Swift returned 39.1mpg, which was only bettered by the diesel Getz."

I am getting between 55 and 58mpg overall in my iQ, which is nearly 20 mpg more than the Swift...that is quite a good reason for an iQ over a Swift, although there are diesels out there that will do much better.

Yes, it looks good. But for me it was all the toys on board. I am used to large Audis, and so got used to climate control, keyless entry, auto lights, etc, etc. Believe me, once you have these, it is very difficult to go back. Other cars of this size just don't have the kit - even as options.

The Swift is an old car and long overdue a facelift, I wouldn’t consider it better than an iQ.

I just swapped in my Suzuki Swift because it's making all kinds of weird noises from the moment i both it. This Swift has nearly 35.000 km driven and i'm glad wenn my IQ arrives, because i got the feeling that this Swift can fall appart any minute now.

The Suzuki Swift is the car that gave me the most cheap-***** feeling I've ever had. For me never a Suzuki again.

I traded a 06 plate Swift 1.5 GLX in for my current Aygo and haven't looked back.

Fuel consumption was the main reason for my change, plus the cost of anything for the Swift

was obscene!

But for me it was all the toys on board.

both Swift and Panda have keyless entry.

The Suzuki Swift is the car that gave me the most cheap-***** feeling I've ever had. For me never a Suzuki again.
What year plate?

saw my first IQ in the flesh yesterday.. look well cool!

The Swift reminds me of a Wartburg: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...onduit_1988.jpg the whole car resonates for seconds when you close the door, just like it did on the Wartburg. Lots of weird noises, and it just feels cheap. That goes for all Suzuki, as someone wrote, Suzuki is motorcycles, not cars.

Here in Denmark, where most people will probably buy the diesel iQ, you get a lovely 90 bhp D-4D in the iQ, and a horrible 75bhp diesel in the Swift that feels old fashion and chunky.

Another dimension is the size. I bought an iQ to get a Car I can park everywhere. The sharp turning circle, and the small size of the car has given me just that. Also being less than 3 meters long, we get half price on certain bridges connecting the country, and reduced prices on certain ferries here in Denmark.

I also feel a lot more comfortable in the iQ, but I got the leatherseats, not sure how comfy the standard seats are.

The only thing I'm disapointed about with my iQ, is the the top part of the plastic on the door panels, and I see a lot of people are annoyed with that. But I have plans to fix that. :)

HOW THE **** IS THAT ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING CARS YOU HAVE EVER SEEN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ID RATHER HAVE A HYUNDAI GETZ

cheers, will

Here in Denmark, where most people will probably buy the diesel iQ, you get a lovely 90 bhp D-4D in the iQ,
Erm we don't get that engine in the UK... if we did then I would interested. I am surprised it even fits but it looks like it does... the car would fly with one of these thoughthe Smart turbo would be the cheaper bet.
HOW THE **** IS THAT ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING CARS YOU HAVE EVER SEEN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ID RATHER HAVE A HYUNDAI GETZ

Alex Alex Alex. Your post using all caps is badly written and not at all constructive. How can you say the Getz better looking than the IQ? As I a designer by profession I know the IQ along with Alpha's Mito is the best looking car in the cost range.

one of the best looking cars you have ever seen?, i struggle to believe you are a designer of any kind, sir.

will

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the vast majority would side with me!

i think most people actually think the IQ is very ugly, over priced and not as good on fuel as it claims to be. frankly, an all round bad car.

will

i think most people actually think the IQ is very ugly, over priced and not as good on fuel as it claims to be. frankly, an all round bad car.

Not sure what you've been smoking but could we all have some!? :P :yahoo:

Top Gear magazine have made it their Small Car of the Year for 2008. What Car?, Autocar and Auto Express all had the iQ beating the Smart in every road test I've read.

Could every magazine be wrong? :rolleyes:

I tried the Swift but not the same car at all as the Toyota, our iQs are modern day Minis (without the fake BMW thing included). I have to say sometimes when I am putting her in the garage at night I look & think she is the cutest thing I ever did see. I only ever thought of my Coopers in that way & my friends totally love her. They call her frogface & snubnose but in a nice joking way. That little smile the front end seems to have is just ace.

Plus AlexN I don't give a hoot what most people say as they probably read the Sun newspaper, wear loads of gold & go on holiday to Ibiza for two weeks every year............

Dull. :yawn:

Jaine

please, dont ever mention the IQ and the classic mini in the same sentence. i dont care what the magazines say, the iq is a shockingly bad car.

will

please, dont ever mention the IQ and the classic mini in the same sentence. i dont care what the magazines say, the iq is a shockingly bad car.

will

And please don't ever tell me what to say & please %$( off back to the hole you crawled out of.

Goodbye!

lol de lol de lol

You are a funny man

You make me laugh

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links