Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Wind Noise

Liz H

I have had my Yaris Blue 1.3 since new and had the same wind noise problem all the time. It only happens on open roads and there has to be a cross wind. Once I'm travelling at 50+ it starts and always appears to come from the drivers side air vent. I can only describe it as a very loud 'toot' which is very annoying. I have tried shutting all the vents and it does not make any difference. I have had staff from my local dealership in with me and of course it hasn't happened! When it does I have been on my way to the Lakes or on a motorway and of course you can't turn round and go home at that point so I wondered if anyone else has had this problem

There’s a high chance it’s the wing mirrors! There are posts on the subject on here. However, be warned... if the question has been answered the topic may be locked or deleted so you won’t be able to add to it or may have to open a new one... (long story) :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club, Liz :thumbsup: :D I hope you enjoy your stay & keep posting. The more the merrier :P

Another solution besides Red Yaris' excellent suggestion would be to trade in your Yaris against an 88-92 Corolla Executive 1.6 GL :thumbsup:

:blushing: Sorry :( I'm in a flippant mood today :lol:

There’s a high chance it’s the wing mirrors! There are posts on the subject on here. However, be warned... if the question has been answered the topic may be locked or deleted so you won’t be able to add to it or may have to open a new one... (long story) :thumbsup:

a quick way to determine if its th mirrors is to drive along the road and when it makes that noise, open the window and quickly fold in the mirror at the drivers side. if the noise goes away, its the mirror

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links