Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cheap Spare Wheel

Kingswoodjohn

Having got a puncture which was unrepairable I replaced a pair of my tyres on my iQ (not wanting different tyre makes on the same axle and in a panic to get something sorted immediately so no time to look around). I kept the good tyre hoping to find a rim and so keep a spare in my garage - my journeys are nearly always my local 40-mile commute and I could almost certainly limp home with a slowish puncture or get my wife to bring it to me. Having fainted when my dealership told me the cost of a spare alloy rim, I further paled when they advised me that if I fitted a non-Toyota rim (and they spotted it) they might well invalidate the warranty cover for suspension, steering etc. Not to be outdone I studied a list of spares I'd asked them for some weeks back when I'd collected the car and I saw what looked like a steel wheel. I was right - part number TPZ419-I0690-ZB is a black painted steel rim which I purchased from them for £42.57 inc. VAT. I now have a proper spare which sits in my garage and which I could take with me on long journeys (if I carry no passengers in the rear of course). I share this for those who might want to benefit. PLEASE don't give me your views on keeping a spare as this is now 'done & dusted' as far as I'm concernd :thumbsup:

Having got a puncture which was unrepairable I replaced a pair of my tyres on my iQ (not wanting different tyre makes on the same axle and in a panic to get something sorted immediately so no time to look around). I kept the good tyre hoping to find a rim and so keep a spare in my garage - my journeys are nearly always my local 40-mile commute and I could almost certainly limp home with a slowish puncture or get my wife to bring it to me. Having fainted when my dealership told me the cost of a spare alloy rim, I further paled when they advised me that if I fitted a non-Toyota rim (and they spotted it) they might well invalidate the warranty cover for suspension, steering etc. Not to be outdone I studied a list of spares I'd asked them for some weeks back when I'd collected the car and I saw what looked like a steel wheel. I was right - part number TPZ419-I0690-ZB is a black painted steel rim which I purchased from them for £42.57 inc. VAT. I now have a proper spare which sits in my garage and which I could take with me on long journeys (if I carry no passengers in the rear of course). I share this for those who might want to benefit. PLEASE don't give me your views on keeping a spare as this is now 'done & dusted' as far as I'm concernd :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info.

I think you are sensible, if you rarely carry passengers in the back, to do what you have done.

Using that sealing stuff and trying to get a repair on the spot when you take it to a tyre "place" could be a time wasting nightmare.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links