Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem With Brake Light...

heightos

Hi everyone! Somebody pulled up next to me at traffic lights today and told me my brake lights were not working. I pulled over and had a look - the two main ones aren't but the high level one is. Have checked the bulbs visually (at work at the moment) and they seem OK. I am assuming all 3 lights are on the same fuse(?) so assume that is not the problem...

Would be very grateful for any ideas/suggestions....

Hi everyone! Somebody pulled up next to me at traffic lights today and told me my brake lights were not working. I pulled over and had a look - the two main ones aren't but the high level one is. Have checked the bulbs visually (at work at the moment) and they seem OK. I am assuming all 3 lights are on the same fuse(?) so assume that is not the problem...

Would be very grateful for any ideas/suggestions....

It's not always possible to see if the lamps are blown just by looking, a hairline fracture is all it takes and is hardly noticable. It is best to test them using a multimeter or similar to be absolutely sure. If you don't have access to a tester then just replace the lamps. If on the other hand the lamps test out OK then look for bad connections caused by corrosion etc.

I've seen a fair few cars with this problem, mainly Peugeots and VW's. Only last week i was following a oldish 306 with the brake lights stuck on! :o

I would check out the bulb holder for any corrosion and check around the rear lamp clusters incase any water is getting in somewhere. Could just be a simple as that. :)

Check the fuses aswell and try new bulbs. ;)

Thanks everyone. I replaced the bulbs and everything is fine now. I feel a bit stupid because if I had taken out the stop/tail bulbs instead of the indicator ones I would have seen immediately that the bulbs were the problem!!! ;) .

Thanks everyone. I replaced the bulbs and everything is fine now. I feel a bit stupid because if I had taken out the stop/tail bulbs instead of the indicator ones I would have seen immediately that the bulbs were the problem!!! ;) .

DOH!

On the subject of bulbs.... Has anyone seen/tried the ones from Halfrauds that say they are brighter and quicker to illuminin... ilummmin... illluman.... COME ON!

I was vaugely interested but not too bothered unless they really do what it says on the tin! I have got the so called 90% brighter headlight bulbs which do seem better but how can I know if it is 90%? It just seems they have drawm a figure out of the back of their.. AHm, head's! I got them as I needed a bulb and they had buy one, get one free so the higher cost was worth the difference. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links