Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Are They?

chevron

Hi, I picked up my new IQ2 in pearl on Tuesday really pleased with it. I was putting some rear car mats in and just happened to put my hand under the drivers seat and found a sealed plastic bag. I pulled it out and saw it contained 2 black plastic things which look a bit like mud flaps with some sort of fixing kit. Thay are slightly curved. Any idea what they are?

Pictures might help... :)

Does your car have mudflaps fitted all round already? If not then your dealer might have forgotten to attach them? Just a guess, but if so then just take it back and get them to sort it.

Pictures might help... :)

Does your car have mudflaps fitted all round already? If not then your dealer might have forgotten to attach them? Just a guess, but if so then just take it back and get them to sort it.

The black oval shaped runner objects you describe are bungs that are suppose to be fitted when the dealer pdi's the vehicle.. This is done prior to handover! They pop in the chassis to close a hole... When these cars are shipped from Japan they are chained tightly to stop movement in rough waters... I wouldn't worry too much about them though!

Steve

Hi thanks yes I found the 2 small rubber grommets which the dealer said where for underneath but they don't bother fitting them.

The other 2 things do look like mud flaps and there are non fitted to the car. The packet is sealed with just 2 inside so I am wondering if they are mudflaps should there be 4 or just 2?

I did look inside another IQ2 in the showroom and it had the same packet inside the boot with just 2 in it. I asked one of the sales persons and he didn't know. He didn't even know that you could unlock and lock the doors by just touching the handle so I gave up.

Not sure how to upload photos on here but would do gladly, will try and get some and fathom it out.

Love the car, I have to take it in soon to have the rear spoiler, exhaust kit and rear parking sensors fitted so I will do some more enquiries.

Hi, I picked up my new IQ2 in pearl on Tuesday really pleased with it. I was putting some rear car mats in and just happened to put my hand under the drivers seat and found a sealed plastic bag. I pulled it out and saw it contained 2 black plastic things which look a bit like mud flaps with some sort of fixing kit. Thay are slightly curved. Any idea what they are?

They could be spats. They look like little mud flaps but they mount in front of the wheels. My RAV4 has them. The intent of those spats or fairings is to smooth out the airflow around the tires and reduce air resistance, improving the aerodynamics of the vehicle. This file may explain it:

http://rav4world.com/pdf/2006/aerodynamics_BO-19.pdf

Thanks that's a possibility I din't bother putting photos on as I guessed evry new IQ will have had them in a pack inside the boot with all the other accessories supplied from new.

They are either 2 small spats or 2 mud flaps, but I would have expected 4 of them instead of 2.

I will get to the bottom of it when it goes in next week, I will grill one of the mechanics.

I might try a search on the part number if there is one.

Thanks for all replies.

Hi

I m a happy owner of a white pearl IQ2 car . Yes, my car have little 4 mudflaps thats helps driving in town.

I live in OPORTO -PORTUGAL and it is fantastic...for the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

Solved - yes they are spats and help with the airflow around the tyres as per junebug1701 comment. Many thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links