Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering Suspension On Starlet 13i

TheoS

Hi you all, my son has bought a lovely '99 13i Starlet and he wants to lower the suspension. He's found springs made by Tein (EP91) and is trying to find out if these will fit on his car. He's asked a couple of mechanics and rung Toyota but is unable to get a straight and definite answer. Toyota weren't sure about the parts as they say some parts have Japenese serial numbers, other have British, not very helpful. Toyota were also unsure whether he'd need to replace the front shock absorbers. Would be really grateful if anyone can offer some advice on this. Thanks...

Hi you all, my son has bought a lovely '99 13i Starlet and he wants to lower the suspension. He's found springs made by Tein (EP91) and is trying to find out if these will fit on his car. He's asked a couple of mechanics and rung Toyota but is unable to get a straight and definite answer. Toyota weren't sure about the parts as they say some parts have Japenese serial numbers, other have British, not very helpful. Toyota were also unsure whether he'd need to replace the front shock absorbers. Would be really grateful if anyone can offer some advice on this. Thanks...

it depends on how much the springs lower the car by...if it lowers by 30mm or less then you can get away with using the stock shock absorbers, but any lower than that you will need to uprate the shock absorbers.

try this website, it has lots of different lowering springs, and shock absorbers...(www.toytuning.com)

i personally would lower by 30mm and slightly uprate the shocks just to be on the safe side...try these...

( http://www.toytuning.com/parts/chassis/kyb...shock-absorbers )

it depends on how much the springs lower the car by...if it lowers by 30mm or less then you can get away with using the stock shock absorbers, but any lower than that you will need to uprate the shock absorbers.

try this website, it has lots of different lowering springs, and shock absorbers...(www.toytuning.com)

i personally would lower by 30mm and slightly uprate the shocks just to be on the safe side...try these...

( http://www.toytuning.com/parts/chassis/kyb...shock-absorbers )

Thanks! This is all a bit alien to me but I will give Theo these details. Thanks for taking the time to explain and perhaps he'll contact you in the future for more advice...

The Tein springs will be fine mate. They may shorten the life of the shockers but they should keep him going a good while.

For future help; www.uk starlet club.com

• 2 months later...

The gmax springs are also an option they drop it 35mm and are probably cheaper than the tein ones. Try potn for prices or performance direct. The gmax springs were good too i put them on a 1.3cd starlet without changing anything else and it was great for the 4 years i had it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links