Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bikers!

Karma Supra

Was coming back from Henley today... taking it nice and easy in the ice¡K.

Coming up to a roundabout¡Kthere was a bike (on L plates) coming on my right but he was a bit of the way off so I entered the roundabout¡K when half my car was ONT the roundabout he decided to enter it too and headed right for me!!! I slowed to a crawl and watched him squirm on the brakes and we both stopped at the same time eye to eye, him about 2 feet from my front wing... he started swearing and shouting at me saying I don¡¦t know the Fing rules and give way to the right, I replied that the rules state to give way to the right UNLESS you are ALREADY on the roundabout, which I was, and told him where th get off.. At this he floored it and rammed the front wheel of his bike into my car and scraped along the front and shot off!!!!!

I followed him and got his number and followed him to the petrol station where he stopped, I informed him that driving away from an accident without exchanging details is an offence, ¡§hit and run¡¨ to which he replied ¡§I¡¦ll give you another Fing hit and run right here if you want¡¨ and started legging to towards me so I left pronto!!!

What do I do guys? Report him to the police? The damage on my car is minimal and it ideally needs respreying anyway... he could say I ran into him from the side (even tho we STOP and exchanged words before he decided to RAM my car), I was totally in the right but I have 4 years no cloams riding on it. What do I do? ƒ¼

I¡¦m still shaking I¡¦m so mad!!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karma Supra

• Viper_7

• nws25

• goldryder1

Go to the Police! NOW!!!

Not only did he hit&Run but he also threatened you (which is bad enough) when you confronted him. Ask the petrol station if they have your run in on camera, it may be enough to get him (especially if he is caught admitting to it).

Damn little c :censor: nts!

GGGGGGRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr still mad about it!!! think I'd best calm down before I take any action.

I really don;t need the hasstle and aggro of the police... the damage cause I can live with I guess... its only a probe :lol:

i was a moped rider but i knew the rules of the road, most t :censor: ats dont and are complete a :censor: ses

i wud definately tell the old bill

Yeah i'd try the petrol station see what they have if they have nothing then maybe forget it but if they have some proof or if you can find a witness then take it further.

IMO all bikers/moped rider should have to undergo a full bike test not just be able to ride on a CBT i did just a CBT at 16 and rode a DT50 for a year and toi be honest i should of had more training to be able to ride on the roads.

Bad luck mate,

What a c :censor: nt!!!!

Gotta agree with the rest of the guys here, should really go to the cops if ya can get footage like starletsy was saying.

Shouldn't really get any aggro off the police unless you've got something on yer car that they won't like, you don't have to claim on insurance either if they can't do anything.

Oh yeah, I believe the other driver has 24hrs to report the incident and then after that he is technically breaking the the law, sounds crazy.

Hope ya get something sorted.

Tom (brother of peter_the_dude)

Similar thing happened to my son, he told plod and they just said 'claim on your insurance'. Basically they couldn't give a f :censor: ck. Trouble is of course because he's young he can only afford 3rd party, and even if he could claim why should he lose his no claims because of some tw :censor: t on a moped who probably wasn't insured anyway

That does suck, Kelvyn.

Guess nowadays there's more persecution of the law abiding drivers rather than any solving of real crimes committed by real criminals.

Sod losing the no claims though.

As no one was injured then the police won't get involved.

Should have followed him home then thrown a brick through his window sorry shouldn't have said that but its just how you feel when this sort of thing happens

Well boys and girls.. I have just come back from the bobbyshop... the miker had already been there and toold them he'd lost his rag, dropped of a breif description of the incident, (omiting the points where he rammed my car, and threatened me),

it did however say at the end "Mr ******'s bike scraped the saloon vehicle -in the incident"

is this as good as an admission to liability?

Well boys and girls.. I have just come back from the bobbyshop... the miker had already been there and toold them he'd lost his rag, dropped of a breif description of the incident, (omiting the points where he rammed my car, and threatened me),

it did however say at the end "Mr ******'s bike scraped the saloon vehicle -in the incident"

is this as good as an admission to liability?

So you're saying he's actually been in himself? What was he trying to achieve by that?

It does sound like admission to me. Did the police seem interested in pushing any charges? Even though he's been to the police, I'd still want to try and charge him purely because of the attitude. After all he's caused you lots of grief and inconvenience over this.

I think he just did it because he realised if he didn;t he'd be in even more trouble?? who knows what goes thru the mind of a moped rider? :lol:

Yeah I'd agree with ya there mate, probably realised that you would more than likely report it to the coppers so he'd better cover his *sse by getting down there as soon as poss.

I'd agree with the others that if it says "Mr ******'s bike scraped the saloon vehicle -in the incident" thats pretty much an admission and you must be able to do the hell outa him insurance wise.

That is unless he's blaming you and saying that his bike caused the damage cos of what you did, which would be a total pain.

Did they give you the details that are required to sort things with the insurers, 's probably worth a go if there's enough evidence to back you.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Tom.

they just gave me his name address and telephone number :(

they just gave me his name address and telephone number :(

Send the boys round :arrgg-matey:

Youd be suprised how many from the probe site have offered :thumbsup: they are protective :D

they just gave me his name address and telephone number

That, along with the reg of the moped, should be enough for the insurers.

Just hope that the police report has the right info to get him.

If not then a late night visit might be the only course of action. :D

Tom.

they just gave me his name address and telephone number 

Come to the Reading meet - we could then go to his gaff .. could do with a laff ..

You in your Spura, me in my MR2, Knowlson in is rolla, Leeky in his GT4 .. f**king sh*t him right up ..

:lol: Bibbs Toyota crew vs the moped man.. don't fancy his odds :lol: All I can say is I'm SO glad I wasn't in the supra!!!! Polished it today its all lovely and shiney :D

I have his name addy and phone number... but not his insurance company :censor: I'm going to have to go visit him or call him to get the details off him... whats the chances hes actually going to GIVE them to me? I might take a sweep along his road just to see where he lives...

Shouldn't need his insurance companies name I don't think, just give them the reg, address and phone number etc and your insurer should do the rest as I don't think your supposed to contact the fella anyway if taking legal/insurance proceedings against him.

Probably worth checking out where he lives anyway if things don't go the way you want them too, I would.

Tom.

(Bro of peter_the_dude)

don't go to the insurers yet m8.

Have a chat with the guy and get him to pay for a new wing, prolly cheaper than respray.

I don't know how hard it will be to find a 2nd hand wing in ur cars colour but have a scout, get a few quotes, then let him know.

If he refuses to pay calmly walk away. Then after a couple of weeks or so, when its blown over, accidently hit his moped / window/ etc, etc, with a (insert HARD inanimate object here).

Either way leave insurance out of it. It's only gonna cost u more in the long run.

Sorry to hear that it happened fella. dunno how u managed to keep ur cool. If hte guy had done that i'd have dropped the f****r!

-Z

Was coming back from Henley today... taking it nice and easy in the ice¡K.

Coming up to a roundabout¡Kthere was a  bike (on L plates) coming on my right but he was a bit of the way off so I entered the roundabout¡K when half my car was ONT the roundabout he decided to enter it too and headed right for me!!! I slowed to a crawl and watched him squirm on the brakes and we both stopped at the same time eye to eye, him about 2 feet from my front wing... he started swearing and shouting at me saying I don¡¦t know the Fing rules and give way to the right, I replied that the rules state to give way to the right UNLESS you are ALREADY on the roundabout, which I was, and told him where th get off.. At this he floored it and rammed the front wheel of his bike into my car and scraped along the front and shot off!!!!!

I followed him and got his number and followed him to the petrol station where he stopped, I informed him that driving away from an accident without exchanging details is an offence, ¡§hit and run¡¨ to which he replied ¡§I¡¦ll give you another Fing hit and run right here if you want¡¨ and started legging to towards me so I left pronto!!!

What do I do guys? Report him to the police? The damage on my car is minimal and it ideally needs respreying anyway... he could say I ran into him from the side (even tho we STOP and exchanged words before he decided to RAM my car), I was totally in the right but I have 4 years no cloams riding on it. What do I do? ƒ¼

I¡¦m still shaking I¡¦m so mad!!!!!

Personally...If I was on the bike...I'd have done the same...you entered onto the roundbout "thinking" you had left room? did you really look??? and I mean look not a quick glance at how quickly the bike was going... It's easy to get "on" the roundabout before someone approaching from the right...but you still have to give them room

and then you saw him..so you slowed to a dead crawl....and ermmm what was that for? just to be piggng awkward... and if you were on the roundabout...how come he ended up near your front wing...if he was oohhh so far away?

I'd say you caused the issue...then slowed down to be a pain;..then you had a laugh when you watched him "squirm" no wonder he was :censor: off.

He was a :censor: for retaliating....but I'd say you casued the issue. At the end of the day..he has L plates...so everyone else should take extra care..and to be aware of they may have less experience...but most people don't give toss about learners...or bikes...or pedestrians...once we're in our little metal box nothing else matters

Vipes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links