Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Euthanasia

Bizarra

What is your opinion  

16 members have voted

1. 1. My opinion. Hope that no one is offended

• Yes
    • No
    • Never though about it

My own personal opinion is a very definite "Yes"

I do not wish to end up as a vegetable in a nappy, with someone to wipe my bum, occasionally. I do not wish to be locked inside my head with only memories for company (presumably). I do not wish to be unable to go on line, read, communicate or decide which Tele Channel I wish to watch. In other words, alone & bored out of my skull, screaming silently inside, for release. Unable even to take an overdose to put myself out of misery.

You can leave God/ Allah etc out of the equation. It has nothing to do with religion. Left to Nature (who is kind ) I'd be at rest & dead. If you follow the present laws, I'm being kept alive in my own private hell by modern science, with no hope of a viable life or any quality thereof.

There was a case here , quite recently where a poor man, who couldn't communicate, died. The autopsy revealed that he died of lung cancer. His family said that he used groan when they came to visit. He endured the full pain without help, or painkillers. Imagine having even a simple toothache & being unable to tell anyone.

You can't ask your family to put you out of your misery, as you will land them in court on a murder charge.

When my time comes, I want to go quickly & easily

I voted a big YES!

We treat animals with greater respect than we treat humans when faced with incurable illnesses :angry:

I'm yer man :ph34r::2guns::bag::bye::angel:

I voted a big YES!

We treat animals with greater respect than we treat humans when faced with incurable illnesses :angry:

Agree with the above......

And I voted a big YES

I voted a big YES!

Agree with the above......

And I voted a big YES

So that's a yes then... :P

Yes...

I also thing Dignitas should do gift vouchers :P

I voted a big YES!

As above.

I do not wish to end up as a vegetable in a nappy, with someone to wipe my bum, occasionally. I do not wish to be locked inside my head with only memories for company (presumably). I do not wish to be unable to go on line, read, communicate or decide which Tele Channel I wish to watch. In other words, alone & bored out of my skull, screaming silently inside, for release. Unable even to take an overdose to put myself out of misery.

You can leave God/ Allah etc out of the equation. It has nothing to do with religion. Left to Nature (who is kind ) I'd be at rest & dead. If you follow the present laws, I'm being kept alive in my own private hell by modern science, with no hope of a viable life or any quality thereof.

There was a case here , quite recently where a poor man, who couldn't communicate, died. The autopsy revealed that he died of lung cancer. His family said that he used groan when they came to visit. He endured the full pain without help, or painkillers. Imagine having even a simple toothache & being unable to tell anyone.

You can't ask your family to put you out of your misery, as you will land them in court on a murder charge.

While I respect your opinions and share your sentiments, I ask you to consider this:

If euthanasia was legalised.....don't ask anybody else to end your life for you.

It is not the job of Doctors and Nurses.....they are trained to save lives and ease suffering. Most would probably refuse to kill somebody.

Don't ask your family....it might be the easy way out for you but that person would live with the consequences of their actions until their own dying day. This could be particularly hard for them if other members of your family oppose euthansia.

In the end, it is your life, your decision, you must have the courage to do it yourself.

I accept what you have said, but I already said in my original post that one cannot ask ones family to do it for you. I am talking about a case where I, or someone, is unable to communicate & therefore totally unable to take an overdose, or whatever. A being, who in Nature would be dead without modern Science keeping them alive with no chance of improvement, hope or quality of life. In particular, this would apply to victims of a severe stroke or brain hemorrhage.

No insult intended, but I would suggest that you reread my original post ;)

Believe me, I read your post several times, before commenting because it is such a delicate and thought provoking subject.

I accept what you have said, but I already said in my original post that one cannot ask ones family to do it for you.

You stated that you could not ask a family member because they would be up for murder....I said if euthanasia was legalised, you still should not ask them because of the guilt and deep physcological damage it might leave within that family member.

I am talking about a case where I, or someone, is unable to communicate & therefore totally unable to take an overdose, or whatever. A being, who in Nature would be dead without modern Science keeping them alive with no chance of improvement, hope or quality of life. In particular, this would apply to victims of a severe stroke or brain hemorrhage.

Ok, we will take your example. Who is to say they this person should be allowed to die. That person can't, they are in a vegative state. No Doctor is going to independently make the decision to switch of the machines. And has I stated before don't ask a family member to make that decision.

The best you can do, is right now, put in writing your wish for no heroic life saving measures to be taken, no connection to any ventilators or other life preserving machines, no operations to extent life and then publicise it to everybody you meet, carry a copy with you everywhere you go for the rest of your life and even then the under our present laws the legalite of such a document could be under doubt.

No insult intended, but I would suggest that you reread my original post ;)

You see, I did read your post. :lol::thumbsup:

Bizarra,

I found this article about DNR's most interesting :Link here.

EDIT:

And this piece on Living wills : Link here.

Anyway, here's wishing you a long, happy and healthy life :thumbsup::yes:

Bizarra,

EDIT:

Sincere thanks for your good wishes, Mate, & also for the links :thumbsup:

Bizarra,

EDIT:

So your not going to top yourself :P It's just I heard Irish wakes are the business......

Bizarra,

EDIT:

So your not going to top yourself :P It's just I heard Irish wakes are the business......

No :lol: I was afraid I might have given that impression :rolleyes: Irish wakes are certainly the business, as long as you are not the one in the middle, not drinking :death::drunk: :lol2:

LMAO , :lol2:

Oh ... the answers yes :yes:

No :lol: I was afraid I might have given that impression :rolleyes: Irish wakes are certainly the business, as long as you are not the one in the middle, not drinking :death::drunk: :lol2:

In your case Victor................we could always have a "practice" wake......................so you could experience what you will miss when its your time!! ;) :lol:

This is really close to home for me so I cannot go into detail but voted yes.

Jaine

This isn't a subject im very knowledgeable on - so i will try and keep it brief

First i think we must be mindful of how tought it is for people who have a very serious terminal illness and their families - unless youve been there yourself (i haven't thankfully) you really don't know what its like.

My thoughts are with anyone whose facing such a tough situation and who feels that ethunasia is the only way out. I can't think of a worse situation to be in myself.

Its all very well for the do gooders to point out that its wrong blah blah - but if youve not been in a tough situation then its horrid unfair to comment negatively on those who have been in a tough situation and taken a certain decision (and i mean that about all horrible tough situations not just ethunasia).

My sympathys as mentioned are with those in this type of situation at the moment - even if the law is not changed - id like a more sympathetic approach from law enforcement regarding this type of situation.

Hope ive not come across as being ignorant - this really is not something i am all that knowledgable about - but ive set out to make a sensible sensitive reply to the original topic

Red diesel

Yes...

I also thing Dignitas should do gift vouchers :P

You've just helped me solve my "what to get them for Xmas?" conundrum .. :yahoo:

This isn't a subject im very knowledgeable on - so i will try and keep it brief

First i think we must be mindful of how tought it is for people who have a very serious terminal illness and their families - unless youve been there yourself (i haven't thankfully) you really don't know what its like.

My thoughts are with anyone whose facing such a tough situation and who feels that ethunasia is the only way out. I can't think of a worse situation to be in myself.

Its all very well for the do gooders to point out that its wrong blah blah - but if youve not been in a tough situation then its horrid unfair to comment negatively on those who have been in a tough situation and taken a certain decision (and i mean that about all horrible tough situations not just ethunasia).

My sympathys as mentioned are with those in this type of situation at the moment - even if the law is not changed - id like a more sympathetic approach from law enforcement regarding this type of situation.

Hope ive not come across as being ignorant - this really is not something i am all that knowledgable about - but ive set out to make a sensible sensitive reply to the original topic

Red diesel

• 1 month later...

I am all for it.....having worked in the care sector...I have on a couple of occasions been asked to end someones suffering, if the law had allowed then I would have done it.

I would have done it for my Nan and Mum if it was allowed,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links