Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Happy Days!

Demonic Angel

I've never been shy of my love for a certain gentleman who's a master with his fingers and his mouth..... ;) :lol:

And I'm so excited, because I'm going to see him (and his fellow band members) in concert for the first time in November. I've not been a fan for long (so missed out on previous gigs) but there was no way I was going to miss out this time. I was gutted to miss out on the pre-sale yesterday, so got in there this morning at 9am (I even started work early to compensate for my 9am panic!) and got 4 tickets.

I'm such a huge fan, their music is a constant fixture in my life. It's the only band I've ever really 'connected' with.....

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you.... the magic that is

muse.jpg

and the god that is Matt Bellamy.....

07618_113646_Muse_AK_02.jpg

Got my tickets for the O2 Arena on 13th November. I've not seen them before, but their live acts are award winning. Their music has been so inspiring, it's what I work to and what I drive to (probably explains the recent bald front tyres, they're music is probably as erratic as my driving is!)

I'm also going to see U2 at Wembley in August, but they're no way as important as Muse is! :D

Anyone else going, either to see Muse, U2 or another live act this year? 2009 for me is definitely the year of live music.... the last act I saw live was Kylie (just before she got diagnosed with cancer), but her Showgirl tour was brilliant... before that it was Boyzone when I was 15/16 (when they were actually popular and I was too young to know what decent music was!)

Am going to see Leonard Cohen live in our O2 Arena here in Dublin :yahoo:

I was at his open air gig here last Summer & it was brilliant. Our O2 has just been completely rejigged, so this should be magnificent. I was there earlier this year for the Andrea Bocelli [ Who? :lol: ] Concert & thoroughly enjoyed it. Take a water taxi down the Liffey at night & get off at the front entrance :o

might go & see Muse but U2 have never done it for me.

I am definitely going to see UFO next week, AC/DC at the end of June, Thunder & Springsteen in July, Fleetwood Mac in October.

yes, I'm a rocker 326.jpg

Bizarra - go & see Journey, Whitesnake & Def Leppard in ~1 week if you can get a ticket.

Thanks for the tip off, Scott, but I reckon those tickets would have gone in hours. They are not really my scene, if you were following "Easy Listening" :lol: before it died. I did my best to convert Raistlin & failed miserably :crybaby: Some people are just beyond redemption :lol2:

Besides, the tickets for Leonard are Euro 150 a go :eek: & I quite honestly wouldn't have been going if my Son hadn't bought them :angel::thumbsup:

I'm currently awaiting details of Blink 182's "world" tour as they are now back together!

So far only shows in the states have been confirmed tho... :(

Saw them just before they split up a few years ago... amazing show... music and toilet humour all in one place.. what more could you want?? :yahoo:

(I also have a video of the entire show too! ;) )

While on the subject of music, and since this is a TOC forum, what does music everyone drive to? Any particular fav tracks or genres?

I'll start the ball rolling with "I Disappear" by Metallica and "Shadow of the Day" by Linkin Park.

The Metallica track for when you're sitting at traffic lights (listen to the intro and you'll see what I mean)

The Linkin Park track because I had it on a few nights ago on my way back as the sun was setting. Yes I admit - slighty cliche but sounded perfect.

Expand

While on the subject of music, and since this is a TOC forum, what does music everyone drive to? Any particular fav tracks or genres?

I'll start the ball rolling with "I Disappear" by Metallica and "Shadow of the Day" by Linkin Park.

The Metallica track for when you're sitting at traffic lights (listen to the intro and you'll see what I mean)

The Linkin Park track because I had it on a few nights ago on my way back as the sun was setting. Yes I admit - slighty cliche but sounded perfect.

Expand

Been there, sort of :rolleyes: . See "Easy Listening" thread from a couple of months ago :D

Still, no harm in restarting it :thumbsup:

I use my Radio & listen to Lyric FM which is the equivalent of Classic FM in the UK

Well I can tell you what CD's are in my car right now off the top of my head:

Muse - Showbiz

Muse - Origin of Symmetry

Muse - Hullabaloo

Muse - Absolution

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations

Muse - HAARP

Paramore - All we know is falling

Paramore - Riot

and The Twilight Soundtrack.... because it contains Muse, Paramore & Linkin Park (plus it's actually a really good soundtrack!).

Currently it's HAARP, just to get the whole "Muse Live" feeling coursing through my veins in preparation for seeing them. :thumbsup: Paramore are my 2nd favourite band, they're not very well known over here but it's very pop/rock. Easier to sing along to too!

You won't regret going to see U2... they have to be one of the best live bands going, I saw them during the Rattle n Hum era and they are absolutely fantastic.

Muse - Showbiz

Muse - Hullabaloo

Muse - Absolution

Muse - HAARP

Paramore - Riot

and The Twilight Soundtrack.... because it contains Muse, Paramore & Linkin Park (plus it's actually a really good soundtrack!).

Currently it's HAARP, just to get the whole "Muse Live" feeling coursing through my veins in preparation for seeing them. :thumbsup: Paramore are my 2nd favourite band, they're not very well known over here but it's very pop/rock. Easier to sing along to too!

Saw Paramore, NFG and KIGH on the Riot! Tour last year. Hayley Williams is probably one of the hottest singers ever.

The only Muse Album I can listen to start to finish is BHAR. A copy of that is in the car along with There Is Nothing Left To Lose, Minutes to Midnight and Blink 182 Greatest Hits. (Props go to Gaz for that as I read this thread before I went out this evening)

Muse - Showbiz

Muse - Hullabaloo

Muse - Absolution

Muse - HAARP

Paramore - Riot

Saw Paramore, NFG and KIGH on the Riot! Tour last year. Hayley Williams is probably one of the hottest singers ever.

The only Muse Album I can listen to start to finish is BHAR. A copy of that is in the car along with There Is Nothing Left To Lose, Minutes to Midnight and Blink 182 Greatest Hits. (Props go to Gaz for that as I read this thread before I went out this evening)

I love Black Holes, it's a great album.... definitely my favourite and my most played album ever! :yes:

Soo looking forward to The Resistance in September! :D

well the first concert i ever went to was S club 7!!!! then blazin squad a couple of years later!!!! and went to counting crows last friday!!! they where ace!!!

am looking out for tickets to see lady gaga!!!!

A copy of that is in the car along with Blink 182 Greatest Hits (Props go to Gaz for that as I read this thread before I went out this evening)

:thumbsup:

I can recommend the live album "The Mark, Tom & Travis Show" absolutely brilliant! :D

I was at his open air gig here last Summer & it was brilliant. Our O2 has just been completely rejigged, so this should be magnificent. I was there earlier this year for the Andrea Bocelli [ Who? :lol: ] Concert & thoroughly enjoyed it. Take a water taxi down the Liffey at night & get off at the front entrance :o

Not the famous Italian tenor B)

Muse - Showbiz

Muse - Hullabaloo

Muse - Absolution

Muse - HAARP

Paramore - Riot

I love your taste in music, Live music, it's the dogs.

:oops: There is hope for you yet :rolleyes: :lol2:

:oops: There is hope for you yet :rolleyes: :lol2:

I have my moments :D

Got my Muse tickets Fri, 13th Nov, my nephew raves over em, loved em meself ever since 'origins' so I'm taking him and his mate. he's also learning guitar so plays Muse endlessly, drives his mum up the wall lol. Wait til I get there wiv me bass, she gonna hate me :lol:

Got my Muse tickets Fri, 13th Nov, my nephew raves over em, loved em meself ever since 'origins' so I'm taking him and his mate. he's also learning guitar so plays Muse endlessly, drives his mum up the wall lol. Wait til I get there wiv me bass, she gonna hate me :lol:

Nice bass, I have been a fan of the Ricky since I saw Geddy Lee and Chris Squire put them to good use.

I have a Gibson EBO with twin humbucker pick ups (old school) B)

Nice bass, I have been a fan of the Ricky since I saw Geddy Lee and Chris Squire put them to good use.

I have a Gibson EBO with twin humbucker pick ups (old school) B)

Haven't a clue about all that :( except that "Twin Humbucker pick ups " sounds extremely rude & great fun :naughty: :lol2:

I'll see you there - same date as me! :thumbsup:

My boyfriend plays guitar and I'd love it if he learnt some Muse stuff.... I'm good enough on Guitar Hero 3 on Knights of Cydonia! :lol:

DA...cracking song, I love the way Woolstenholme uses distortion to such good effect on songs like Hysteria too.

Raistlin...Sadly its not my bass, like you I am hugely impressed by Chris Squire, hence the pic of my dream bass, I can't justify 1400 notes for one though, so I stick with my trusty Yam BB4 and I aint so bothered if it gets dinged at gigs! It carries a few battle scars nowadays :)

I can recommend the live album "The Mark, Tom & Travis Show" absolutely brilliant! :D

I also have that.. somewhere.

Might have to admit that it's actually lost and get a new copy! :(

"Make way for the hurt kid, and bring me their wallet"

"Make way for the hurt kid, and bring me their wallet"

:laughing:

Also got tickets for Jools Holland in July, courtesy of my boyfriends Dad... which should also be brilliant.

2009 is going to rock (with a little rhythm and blues for good measure!) :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links