Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Was Very Naughty Today!

nws25

make sure your a member of the AA :thumbsup:

and make sure you dont crash - that newish 147 when euro-ncap crash tested it was an absolute death trap.

Nice . used to drive an Alfa 164 .. nothing (and I mean NOTHING) is like an Alfa V6 ..

make sure your a member of the AA :thumbsup:

Shouldnt be a problem Steve, I'm a breakdown mechanic. :P :D

Thanks for a decent reply Bibbs, unfortunately its only the Twin Spark, but still makes the alfa noise :D

It was either that or a 7th gen celica, but the alfa won hands down.

Hrmph .. Twin spark .. oh dear .. :P

I love the convertables too .. need the spider AND the V6 ..

Never been a fan of the shape but it does have that Alfa sound.

There is a soft top version on my street in minging yellow/green!

Hi nws25

Very nice motor :yes: Yes you are right the Alfa's do sound really nice. So how much did that set you back if you dont mine me asking :rolleyes:

jerry!!

It cost me £9700 it was registered in 2000, done 31k miles, 1 owner, full alfa service history, its the lusso, so got the leather and climate control.

I was going for the 7th gen celica, they're very photogenic, but seeing them in the flesh, the bug eye headlights really put me off, it'd done alot more miles and was the same price and the alfa beats it hands down for driveability.

Thanks for the ***** taking its much apprieciated :rolleyes: :arrgg-matey: :D

As for the reliability, not really concerned, as been a breakdown mechanic for a year now and have only ever been out to 2 alfas, and that was for flat batteries, theres plenty of big name krout manufactuers that are alot worse.

I'm not an alfa fan, but I have to say those are possibly the sexyest headlights EVER.

if only the Mk4 supra looked more like that from the front..

The headlights are a bit of a con :D Once the bonnet is lifted, its like a normal glass headlight :lol:

No doubt so you can see better when its broken down at night ;)

Sounds like you picked up a good bargain there mate. When you pick it up post up some more pictures ;)

jerry!!

Will do, they were a couple of quick shots taken with my phone.

Look forward to seeing them mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Alfa sound?

What do they sound like?

I've never noticed them sounding diffrent to other cars. I mean things like impreza's have a deep rumbling sound which is very unique and ferrari's have that high pitched F1 sound.

Alfa is the same company as ferrari isnt it? Do alfa's have a ferrari style sound? :blink:

Alfa is the same company as ferrari isnt it? Do alfa's have a ferrari style sound? :blink:

I would lower your sights slightly lower than Ferrari - Alfa is actually owned by Fiat (hence the rattles and reliability).

I would lower your sights slightly lower than Ferrari - Alfa is actually owned by Fiat (hence the rattles and reliability).

And who the F :censor: K own Ferrari??

Alfa's have their own sound, go in one you'll know what I mean.

I'm quite annoyed to be honest, I dont mind a good rib digging, but quite blatantly there are alot of misinformed people here slagging of a make which they obviously have only heard people talk about.

I love the idea of going out and buying a £430,000 Fiat Enzo :D

But if I could, I would.

I think Fiat have 64% of Ferrari now, whatever that means.

VW probably own the other bit ;)

Anyway, I think Alfas are rather tasty. The headlights on those things always remind me of the UK spec Intergra Type Rs for some reason, but the car as a whole is alot more stylish than an ITR. Never driven one OR been driven in one, but I'm sure it's all good. I'm willing to bet the majority of people here trying to put down your recent purchase haven't either - At the very least, if they're unaware of Fiat owning Ferrari then they are clearly not particularly well educated on the matter.

Yes your correct, Fiat does own part of Ferrari 56% in fact, with the Italian bank owning 15%, a German bank owning 10%, the Lehman Brothers 7% and Piero Ferrari owns 10% with a few others owning the remaining 2%.

Either way, Alfa's are fine if you want style, but as your average owner and they will be able to tell you whats gone wrong and how the ergonomics can cripple you on long journeys. They do like the experience though which is why people buy them - I would have one as a secondary vehicle, but not my main one due to the ergonomics, safety and reliability, but they do have something that no other car has.

Common problems with Alfa's tend to be brakes, suspension, heating/air-con and gearbox faults, although there is no reports of problems with the engines which is probably why you dont see many broken down.

And who the F :censor: K own Ferrari??

Alfa's have their own sound, go in one you'll know what I mean.

I'm quite annoyed to be honest, I dont mind a good rib digging, but quite blatantly there are alot of misinformed people here slagging of a make which they obviously have only heard people talk about.

Personally i think that's it's a cool looking car and i cant see why people are giving it a bad rap. Hey i would love to have a cool looking coupe like that :drool::thumbsup:

jerry!!

ooh very nice :drool: Like I've said before wicked looking car love the lines and the curves. And the engine bay looks great. Love the dash lay out :thumbsup: Leather seat :drool: I want, I want, :drool:

Take care of it matey :yes:

jerry!!

Cheers Jerry :thumbsup:

After an evening cruising about I'm totally smitten, the handling is something else :drool::thumbsup:

Glad you enjoy it mate :D It's a nice looking car so have fun in it mate as i know i would :yes:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links