Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gap Insurance

crb1011

Has anybody on here bought the Toyota gap insurance I have and it only costs me £250 from the dealer for the three years cover. Think that was good value for that extra peace of mind. Bought mine on the option deal so needed that to cover any short falls if the car was written off. Dont normaly buy this type of insurance from a dealer but it was fairly cheap in my opinion.

I got it for free.... so that is a good deal :thumbsup:

Actually it is a terrible deal. Look at this site: http://www.click4gap.co.uk/. They would do it for half. I told this to my dealer and somehow the price dropped.

Nick

it all depends on what type of Gap insurance that you get. Its a mine field out there so went with the dealers as theres was very straight forward. Also I was able to pay for it monthly with no extra charge. I was quoted over £500 from the VW dealer for gap insurance on my new Polo now that was a rip off so never went for it.

Actually it is a terrible deal. Look at this site: http://www.click4gap.co.uk/. They would do it for half. I told this to my dealer and somehow the price dropped.

Nick

£264.00 for 3 years cover maximum £5000 based on an iQ (£11,000) for Vehicle Replacement Insurance, the Toyota GAP is not such a terrible deal after all :thumbsup:

Click4gap for me half dealers price

I think you had better re check that site. Just checked it out and it would cost £264 and it is limited to £5000 cover. Up the cover amount and the price increases think I got a good deal

If the car is on finance and its not at 0% then the £250 will be + the interest rate unless the policy was bought with cash. So will it end up being £250? :unsure:

got my wifes GAP for her new Aygo for £80 odd quid.

got my wifes GAP for her new Aygo for £80 odd quid.

Do we have to guess or is it a secret?

Are you going to tell us where you got GAP for £80?

Hi IQ Lovers

I went to www.directgap.co.uk and paid £104.00 for my GAP :)

• 1 month later...
Hi IQ Lovers

I went to www.directgap.co.uk and paid £104.00 for my GAP :)

I was quoted £299 by the Toyota dealer, told them I had found it for £129 elsewhere and they have matched it without asking for any proof (even though I did have it!).

Shows what a rip off it can be one conversation and a drop of £170

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links