Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blackberry And Bluetooth

IQP

Hi,

I've just bought a new IQ - very pleased with it. I've spoken on a number of occasions to my dealer and Toyota Customer Relations trying to find out if a Blackberry Bold 9000 will work with their £350 hands free kit. The compatibility list produced by Toyota seems to only list phones from about 2-3 years ago as that's when they claim they designed the hands free kit (feeble excuse).

I'm currently being told that Toyota can't guarantee that my phone will work with their £350 hands free kit and that the only way to find out is to hand over the cash and have it fitted. My phone is nearly a year old so I can't see why they haven't tested it yet . . . even though they do list it as compatible with the Toyota SatNav hands free functionality.

This is Rubbish Customer Relations Toyota!

Has anyone tried this phone or hands free kit yet?

Thanks in advance,

Pete.

Hi,

I've just bought a new IQ - very pleased with it. I've spoken on a number of occasions to my dealer and Toyota Customer Relations trying to find out if a Blackberry Bold 9000 will work with their £350 hands free kit. The compatibility list produced by Toyota seems to only list phones from about 2-3 years ago as that's when they claim they designed the hands free kit (feeble excuse).

I'm currently being told that Toyota can't guarantee that my phone will work with their £350 hands free kit and that the only way to find out is to hand over the cash and have it fitted. My phone is nearly a year old so I can't see why they haven't tested it yet . . . even though they do list it as compatible with the Toyota SatNav hands free functionality.

Thanks in advance,

Pete.

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

Pete.

Working at a dealer as I do I can say the current bluetooth system is indeed a little dated.. My advice would be to go for a retro make which will be far more modern!

Steve

Hi Tallman

When I came face to face with the same dilemma I decided to use the list as a basic template, regardless of phone age. If you look at the list you'll see which MANUFACTURERS give the best functions.

I ended up buying a brand new 2009 design Sony Ericsson, knowing that from reading the list it was (fingers crossed!) bound to work in every way, as every other phone listed under Sony was 100% compatible.

On my posting regarding this subject (mobile phone compatibility) I do know Blackberries are compatible - my husband's Pearl & Storm work and I believe other IQ owners have said the same - so it's very likely yours will too (and if not, please don't hunt me down *grins*) THe above Blackberrys will autoconnect (which is the main pain with most cars & phones) - and have been able to D'Load the phone list. But just say you couldn't get your list out of your new Blackberry into the car - just copy your phone numbers to your SIM and put your SIM into a friend's Sony Ericsson to D'Load... (all on my posting) :)

Toyota don't make it easy for us, maybe they think having a high IQ is enough B)

Keep on loving your IQ !

Tallman,

Before the flood of *corrections* start flowing in - you know who you are *grins*

Apologies, I am referring to the SATNAV/bluetooth - but I know if its just connectivity you're looking for, and AUTOCONNECT, your Blackberry should work perfectly.

All the best

...and I am addressing the wrong person, sorry Tallman ! well it is rather early in the morning :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links