Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speedo Stopped Work And Engine Idle Not Not Working Correctly

Vitesse

Anyone know the answer to this problem?

This is a Surf 3 litre TD manual 1994.

The other day the speedo stopped working and the engine idle is now a bit wrong. The idle is ok when braking from low speeds, but when coming from higher speeds...motorway, the engine nearly dies instead of going to the correctly idle speed when braking. I have replaced the speed sensor in the gearbox... no change. I have taken the kmh to mph converter from the back of the speedo of as well... no change...is it the ECU?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
TPS sensor?

No it's not the TPS. When I disconnect the TPS the engine idles higher and the ECU reports a problem (Code 41). When I disconnect the speedo sensor the ECU reports no problems... strange since I've disconnected it. I would have thought it should give me a Code 42 error..... Anyone any ideas... next I'm going to try and see if the signal from the speedo sensor is getting to the speedo. The power is getting to the speedo sensor...it may not work, but it has power! It's strange that what ever is wrong it is effecting the engine and speedo.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links