Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Free Breakdown Recovery.

XJ900

I don't know if anyone one else has posted this link to Free Total Assistance (Breakdown Recovery for Cars,bikes & light commercial vehicles.)

You get 14 days cover when you put 30 ltrs of Fuel in (10 ltrs for bikes.) and it seems that aslong as you put at least that amount in every fortnight you'll be covered. Is this too good to be true? Please check it out & if you find any problems then please post your findings on this thread.

NT00010B4E.jpg

:thumbsup:

Catch: Having to use Total fuel :P

Just read the T n Cs. Only way to be sure really.

Catch: Having to use Total fuel :P

Just read the T n Cs. Only way to be sure really.

I have been through it as best I can, just thought some other people might find it useful, & if they find a catch (Obviously other than having to buy their fuel.) then post it on here ! :)

Yeah sounds good if there are no catches

and of course now with the new fleet management group who run the motorways, recovery membership is worth every penny otherwise you could end up paying £150+ to get shifted off the motorway if you break down.

If the only "catch" is buying their fuel then that's not much of a catch, we all need fuel (Frequently.)& it seems reasonable for them to expect some commitment,I can put £50 plus on a fill up,& well over £10 on any of my bikes.

Only snags that I can see are

A) I may not use 30 litres in 14 days ;)

B ) I also currently have Club Toyota coverage which provides full RAC services.

C) My nearest Total garage is over 20 miles away

I was just having a crack cos its french :P

Its a good offer

I definately spend over £30 a fortnight on fuel and im sure most people do

good deal :)

B ) I also currently have Club Toyota coverage which provides full RAC services.

Just read up on that

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/...?id=Club_Toyota

Seems good seeing as im paying not too much less for the same coverage with the AA

dont know whether i would take advantage of the other perks though

Well I guess you're not their "Target Market!" :lol:

Well I guess you're not their "Target Market!" :lol:

I am sure that I would not pass a Total filling station if I needed the petrol.....................their scheme is good if you do not drive a reliable TOYOTA :lol:

.....................their scheme is good if you do not drive a reliable TOYOTA :lol:
I drive two extremely reliable toyotas? I already have RAC at present. (I've yet to use it in god knows how many years !)

Just saw this offer & thought there may be other Forum members,(Considering these times of "hardship".)who if they normally use 30 litres(10 for bikes) a fortnight, live near or pass a Total garage, may find this offer appealing. :thumbsup:

.....................their scheme is good if you do not drive a reliable TOYOTA :lol:
I drive two extremely reliable toyotas? I already have RAC at present. (I've yet to use it in god knows how many years !)

Just saw this offer & thought there may be other Forum members,(Considering these times of "hardship".)who if they normally use 30 litres(10 for bikes) a fortnight, live near or pass a Total garage, may find this offer appealing. :thumbsup:

Coverage is conditional on the vehicle having been serviced to the manufacturers scheduled servicing...........that could be a problem to members suffering "hardship" :)

I've had to use my RAC cover from club toyota once! Was traveling back to Somerset from Wisbech, started to run low on fuel so tried getting fuel at Strensham Services, which were closed... next I tried Michealwoods, and the ***** in the station, told me he couldn't serve me because the hatch was broken. I did mention that, I've been running low since Strensham and I don't think ill make Cribbs (back in my home territory, so I could get off as I knew there is a Shell garage there). Anyway he point blank refused to let me in through the main door... so I took the risk. :E

Ran out of fuel on the Almondsbury Interchange, two miles from the cribbs garage.

Just a bad luck streak though, I also forgot to take my satnav for the trip, otherwise I could have left the motorway ages ago to find some. serves me right for mis-calculating my remaining fuel too :rolleyes::lol:

Still, I vowed my next car will have satnav built in and on this occasion the £50 something give or take for club toyota was worth it :D No charge either, I thought there might be... but as it's fully comprehensive cover, there wasn't any. :D :thumbsup:

Coverage is conditional on the vehicle having been serviced to the manufacturers scheduled servicing...........that could be a problem to members suffering "hardship" :)

I wasn't paticularly thinking of it for myself, but I thought if it helped a few members then it was worth posting.

I get my RAC cover "free" (of sorts) with my Tesco points accumulated,with certain offers you get alot for your points.

As for having my vehicle serviced ,(presumably by recognised garages to get the necessary stamps?) I am a competent mechanic & my cars & bikes generally are usually 9~10 years old or more. ;)

I wasn't paticularly thinking of it for myself, but I thought if it helped a few members then it was worth posting.

I get my RAC cover "free" (of sorts) with my Tesco points accumulated,with certain offers you get alot for your points.

As for having my vehicle serviced ,(presumably by recognised garages to get the necessary stamps?) I am a competent mechanic & my cars & bikes generally are usually 9~10 years old or more. ;)

I was only quoting from Total's Terms and Conditions and pointing out that often, members suffering "hardship" may not have been in a position to afford to keep their vehicles serviced to the manufacturers scheduled service scheme.

Not all of the members on here are as fortunate to have your knowledge or experience that you have gained by servicing your own and your sons vehicles ;) so must rely on using professional garage servicing.

Saw this offer a while back....

Mentioned it to my folks who've gone on holiday this week and they've taken advantage of it..... well, they do drive a Pug 306 :sick::lol:

This offer doesn't really interest me tho... Shell are cheaper for fuel than my local Total... and prob better qualilty fuel too.... and i can collect points towards money off fuel vouchers.... and they are on the way to work... and most importantly... i drive a Toyota!! :D

Try to find a Total garage in Scotland... ... oh, there are NONE!

Tell me about it ! :o

I won £100 worth of fuel vouchers from Total a few years back & I gave them to my brother in Merseyside.

I suppose if you travel around abit though it would be OK. :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links