Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Introducing The Toyota Yaris Evo1

Spratty

Hiya. I'd like to introduce myself to the forum and the UK's first Toyota Yaris Evo1 rally car.

I'm Phil Spratt, I live in Bromley in Kent and am trying to make a career as a works driver. I figured that a Yaris would be an excellect second rally car (after my Nova). As far as I know this is the first 1300 Yaris rally car in the UK.

If anyone's interested, pics can be found at PSR-Sport.com.

It's first event will be the Rally of Kent at Maidstone on Sunday 14th March. Come over and say 'Hi' if you're going to be there. Event website here.

I'm selling the wheels and tyres- check out the Traders corner.

Phil Spratt

That is one sweet car. Wish I could get my hands on the kit you get when you are in the Yaris Cup. 100bhp/l and stripped out with close ration gears. I wonder what 0-60 and top speed are? You wouldn't need a turbo charger in a t sport if you could make the same mods to the 1.5.

Sweet

what mods have u done to get 130bhp out of the 1300

couldnt see a sc or much at all under the bonnet??

looks smart

:thumbsup: good luck with it!!

Cheers.

Amazingly, the car is on a standard cylinder head!

It's a 1.3l with re-mapped ECU, green cotton induction kit, oil intercooler, forged pistons etc.

I think that it's got racing camshafts in it, but I'm not sure.

We'll need to squeeze 150bhp out of it to be competitive in the Silkolene 1400 Championship. We should be able to do this by doing some work on the head (skimming, polishing.....the usual) and we're probably going to do away with the ECU and put it on twin 40 carbs.

It's an exciting little project and I can't wait to get it on the stages.

Phil

So the oil intercooler just to keep the extra heat down. Where did they get the ecu from and the racing cam? I know they got a devil exhaust system. Which green filter and where did they place it? What about brakes?

Really cool car mind if i ask how much?

Thanks

Si

jesus ***** get some of that on the ol t-sport and itll fly! (as if it dont already!)

I think the ECU is a standard unit, just re-mapped. There must be loads of places in the UK that can do it. What about Fensport? The whole kit was bought from the championship organisers.

If anyone's interested in getting bits of the kit, have a look at Yaris Competition. They're in Luxembourg and I'm sure they'd be able to get you bits and bobs.

You're right- it is a Devil exhaust and it's the loudest !Removed! thing I've ever heard. Might even be too loud to rally! (it does give a satisfying crackle though.....)

As for brakes, it's only got a single piston caliper on the front and discs on the rear with Ferodo racing pads. We're putting AP 4-pots on the front.

We got the car for 7,100 Euros (around £5k) which I reckon is a bargain considering the stack motrosport dash is worth almost a grand! We'll be spending around another £5k to rally prep it so we're looking at about £10k for a (hopefully) very competitive car.

Is anyone interested in coming along to the Rally of Kent to see her in action?

i still cant comprehend how u can get 130 bhp from a 1300 with such little work as it has 85 as standard!!

anyways goodluck

:thumbsup:

C B

That is sweet! There was another rally Yaris on here though, try looking the For Sale forum?

The Rally Of Kent is something I'm always hearing about but never find out info on, I may well come & watch that, looks excellent. :thumbsup:

Anyone else down this way check it out here: http://www.rallyofkent.co.uk/spectator.htm.

Sunday 14th March 2004!

Kent County Showground, Detling and then onto Challock (North of Ashford) for a Special Stage.

Anyone up for a meet? (Pav, J, Dymchurch thats you lads ;) )

Sounds great, and to actually have a Yaris to support would make it extra special - was thinking about going 97, but will have to check how busy i am nearer the time.

Wish I could get 130bhp out of my 1.3!

Pav :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Excellent stuff, guys.

Would be great to put some faces to names.

Be sure to come over and say 'Hi' if you make it to the Service Area.

As far as I know, it's all free.

Phil

i think the other rally yaris that was on here was a 1.0 not a 1.3!!

goo d luck!!

CB :thumbsup:

yeah it was a 1l

how much was the STACK instruments and how easy are they to fit??? i want some cos they look well trick, im sure that unit pushes about 600 quid tho :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links