Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

One More Iq On The Road...

royli82

Hi All.

Well, I finally made the decision to downsize (but not downgrade!) from my gas-guzzling 2002 RAV-4 Petrol NRG to an IQ yesterday.

I first saw the IQ at last year's British Motor Show in London and I must admit, it did catch my eye! For the next couple of weeks, I was very much in that "should I or shouldn't I" phase. Shortly afterwards, fuel prices dropped which made my 25mpg RAV more bearable. However, after almost 11 months of consideration (yes! 11 months!) I've finally decided to make the switch. Petrol, road Tax, extortionate service costs and that "I sense my existing car is beginning to break" feeling were all contributing factors to my decision.

Yes, I will miss the high seating position, yes I will miss the days when I can easily drive through the snow storms whilst everyone else is wheel spinning their way backwards down sloped roads but these are only minor quirks when compared to the costs associated with the IQ. It just made sense.

65mpg, Zero Road Tax, Insurance Group 2 - It just made sense. The road test was largely surreal. If I didn't look behind me, I'd have thought I was driving a medium sized hatchback. Stability was excellent and it cornered well. But where it shocked me the most was whilst driving on the M5 for a couple of junctions (and luckily there were heavy cross winds too!) but it held its own. Bye bye to 3 point turns. Hello to parking sideways between cars!

I'm looking forward to the waves and smiles that I and other IQ owners will be exchanging in the near future! (Go on, you know you want to...)

Finally, for all you iPOD and iMAC fans out there, I'll leave you with a quote from an IQ review I read online - "If Apple made a car, the IQ would be it....."

The iQ has traction control so ice and snow won’t be as bad as you expect, in fact you will be pleasantly surprised and with stability you won’t be going sideways either. Have you gone for the 1 litre or 1.3?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links