Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Are The Dashes When Lights Come On In Auto

daj

When the lights turn on when in "Auto" mode, you get an extra option when pressing "Mode". As well as the usual ODO, TRIP, MPG, AVG MPG I also get the following

- -

- - - -

What is it trying to tell me?

Stationary or driving?

Driving

When pressing 'mode' the sequence is ODO, Trip A, Trip B, (the dashes), MPG, Avg MPG, ...

When the lights turn on when in "Auto" mode, you get an extra option when pressing "Mode". As well as the usual ODO, TRIP, MPG, AVG MPG I also get the following

- -

- - - -

Hmmm interesting, I haven't worked it out yet, but I can confirm mine does the same.

Stephen

- -

- - - -

Has your car been lowered looks close to the kerb on that picture? Do you think it would get damaged if you bumped it up on the kerb?

Has your car been lowered looks close to the kerb on that picture? Do you think it would get damaged if you bumped it up on the kerb?

Not that I am aware of!!! I paid extra for alloy wheels and the silver trim but nothing about lowering it!!!! I have been over a few speed bumps and initially I was a little apprehensive as I think the car sits quite low but it was fine

It may just be the angle of the picture. It was taken on my phone so not a great shot.

Here is the same pic a bit bigger.... http://files.getdropbox.com/u/33488/Pearl.JPG

What are the dashes? Solved - These are indicators which tell you how bright your dash panel illumination is.

With the light stalk set to auto and the headlights on in auto mode, press the Mode button till you get the dashes displayed after trip B With the dashes displayed press the mode button in and keep it pressed for a few seconds, the dashes will decrease and the dash illumination light will dim accordingly. If you keep the mode button pressed in the dashes with lower sequence to its lowest 1 dash then to its brightest 2, 4 and 6 dashes . I sequences from 2, 4 and 6 dashes, 2 and 4, 2 and finally 1 from bright to dim.

Instead of keeping the Mode button presses in you can push it one at a time to the desired brightness.

Once set to the desired brightness leave it and after about 10 seconds the display will revertback to its default setting.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

What are the dashes? Solved - These are indicators which tell you how bright your dash panel illumination is.

With the light stalk set to auto and the headlights on in auto mode, press the Mode button till you get the dashes displayed (after trip B) With the dashes displayed press the mode button in and keep it pressed for a few seconds, the dashes will decrease and the dash illumination light will dim accordingly. If you keep the mode button pressed in the dashes with lower sequence to its lowest 1 dash then to its brightest 2, 4 and 6 dashes . I sequences from 2, 4 and 6 dashes, 2 and 4, 2 and finally 1 from bright to dim.

Instead of keeping the Mode button presses in you can push it one at a time to the desired brightness.

Once set to the desired brightness leave it and after about 10 seconds the display will revertback to its default setting.

Hope this helps

Thanks for that, was it in the manual? I couldn't spot that one.

Stephen

With the light stalk set to auto and the headlights on in auto mode, press the Mode button till you get the dashes displayed (after trip B) With the dashes displayed press the mode button in and keep it pressed for a few seconds, the dashes will decrease and the dash illumination light will dim accordingly. If you keep the mode button pressed in the dashes with lower sequence to its lowest 1 dash then to its brightest 2, 4 and 6 dashes . I sequences from 2, 4 and 6 dashes, 2 and 4, 2 and finally 1 from bright to dim.

Hope this helps

Thanks for that -- you think they would mention it in the manual (which I think is appalling anyway)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links