Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.0 Tr Spec. Only 4 Speakers

jonnyl

Just took delivery of a TR spec 1.0L Yaris. but after a few days noticed that the Stereo had only 4 Speakers not 6 as per the TR spec. On closer inspection found many areas where the TR spec was missing - Silver door / vents / brake lever trim, rear seat pockets, driver visor mirror.

Questioned this with the garage and was told that all this only came with the 1.3L engine.

When I looked at the brochure it clearly that the the TR spec on the 1.0L only excludes the "exclusive material trim" all the other features should have been on the car, even the salesman thought it should have had 6 Speakers. However Toyota claim the car is corect and on their website you can find, if you dig very deeply, that these options are excluded. The brochure is wrong to the point of mis-selling!

Has anyone else been caught out like this? It make a mockery of the TR trim as nearly all the features are excluded with the 1.0 Engine option.

I love the car overall but I get really ****** when someone trys to pull the wool over my eyes!

Just took delivery of a TR spec 1.0L Yaris. but after a few days noticed that the Stereo had only 4 speakers not 6 as per the TR spec. On closer inspection found many areas where the TR spec was missing - Silver door / vents / brake lever trim, rear seat pockets, driver visor mirror.

Questioned this with the garage and was told that all this only came with the 1.3L engine.

When I looked at the brochure it clearly that the the TR spec on the 1.0L only excludes the "exclusive material trim" all the other features should have been on the car, even the salesman thought it should have had 6 speakers. However Toyota claim the car is corect and on their website you can find, if you dig very deeply, that these options are excluded. The brochure is wrong to the point of mis-selling!

Has anyone else been caught out like this? It make a mockery of the TR trim as nearly all the features are excluded with the 1.0 Engine option.

I love the car overall but I get really ****** when someone trys to pull the wool over my eyes!

I completely agree with you, not everyone has access to the internet and the only way to research the spec is via a brochure, so therefore i think you have good grounds for complaint as anyone worth their salt in the sales team should already be aware of the errors in the brochure.

I would speak to Trading Standards and see what they have to say.

Please let us know how you get on.

Does it have side curtain and knee air bags and air con?

The exclusive material trim is body coloured door handles and mirrors, chrome air vents and hand brake release, mirrors in both sun visors and 4 grip handles.

In my broacher it says it should have 6 Speakers regardless of engine size. I hope it’s not a T2 pretending to be a TR :( The airbag and air con will be the give away.

Does it have side curtain and knee air bags and air con?

The exclusive material trim is body coloured door handles and mirrors, chrome air vents and hand brake release, mirrors in both sun visors and 4 grip handles.

In my broacher it says it should have 6 speakers regardless of engine size. I hope it’s not a T2 pretending to be a TR :( The airbag and air con will be the give away.

Both the brochure and the Toyota web site state it has all the air bags and manual air con.

Both the brochure and the Toyota web site state it has all the air bags and manual air con.

True, but does jonnyl’s TR have them?

True, but does jonnyl’s TR have them?

Hi thanks for the replies / support

It is definately a TR with air bags and air con and has the coloured exterior door handles.

I disagree that the exclusive trim is more than just the seat material because all the rest, chrome door handles seat pockets etc, is shared with the upper ranges, SR and Tspirit.

interestingly it does have 4 grip assists.

I checked the web site againg and it is totally misleading in the "build your Yaris" section. You go through and it puts all the TR options in and then only at the end if you carefully scroll down the summary it shows the options ripped out again!

I am waiting a formal reply from the garage before I pass it on to Toyota GB and trading standards. I will let you know the outcome.

I drove the car another 1k this week and I really like it, fast motorway driving was no problem and averaged 58mpg. My only complaint is the ride could be smoother ( have they changed the suspension? The 08 I tested seemed better) and . . . who in their right mind designs a car stereo with such an unreadable display - it is not as if this is a new model!

Jon

im in the same boat mate i just got my tr 1.0 2009 and im missing loads of stuff too ..i took advantage of the extra discoount they were doing and thought itd be a good deal i got over 2750 off when i traded in my old car but it looks like too give the extra 750 pounds discount theyve taken 750 pounds worh of trims and extras off it.im gutted :(

but i do love my car on the whole im still getting used to the brakes there a little keen and its a little bumpy but im hoping these get ironed out with a little more driving ive only done 400 miles in it :)

does anyone know were i could buy the extra trims which are missing /surely we could buy the missing trim and fit it ourselfs?

can anyone clearerly point out were the 6 Speakers should be i can only see 4..theres one on either front door and one small triangular one on each side of the front windows i cant see any others.

ive just got back from the trafford center and theyve got a display of the new 09 tr yaris/prius/iq i went to question the sales people and pointed out all the things ive not got and they looked shocked and embaresed because other customers could hear me going off on one about how mislead id been and how the tr 1.0 shouldnt be sold as a tr because of all the major changes involved.

i told them theres no changes except engines ion the other models and thats how it should be not upgrade the engine take 70 percent of the options out.

i feel ive been missold my car i never really looked at the brocheure i checked the internet most and it still states we should get alloys and we dont the car in the trafford centers even got different wheels to mine ive been given the t2 wheel trims im gonna call them tommorow to get my trims and im gonna call toyota too tell them ive put a complaint in with the trading standards and ill also be sending a email to watchdog as soon as i can..im distgusted with toyota and will never buy there cars again..

i was orginally only gonna buy the t2 and i wished i had bought that car now because the big payout extra ive paid doesnt justify the extras ive got.the sales guy was trying to tell me the aircon costs over 1 k too fit lol i told him my best mate works at kwik fit and he can get me one fitted for around 100 pounds..con men.

im a little numb concerning cars what are 4 grip assists?

Interior grab handles for you and your passengers :)

can anyone clearerly point out were the 6 speakers should be i can only see 4..theres one on either front door and one small triangular one on each side of the front windows i cant see any others.
The TR should have 6Speaker Radio/CD with ability to play MP3 and WMA CD..................are you absolutely sure there are only 4 speakers?.........(The 6 speakers are in each door, in the front dash,each side and a tweeter in each side of the front windsreen A frame)

The other 2 Speakers are to the side of the dashboard just under the small triangular tweeters.............as I said above.

According to Toyota, only the T2 has 4 Speakers :thumbsup:

nope theres no Speakers there mate its just solid dashboard ..if the two small triangular ones are tweeters then really its a 2 speaker car not four because tweeters only output high frequencys like the sub only outputs low frequencys..

so if its a 6 if you dont include the two tweeters its 4 Speakers really :(

nope theres no speakers there mate its just solid dashboard ..if the two small triangular ones are tweeters then really its a 2 speaker car not four because tweeters only output high frequencys like the sub only outputs low frequencys..

so if its a 6 if you dont include the two tweeters its 4 speakers really :(

Tweeters are still Speakers :rolleyes: ....................My Yaris Ion only has 4 Speakers and they provide a good enough sound for me!

Why not go along to your dealer and ask them to show you the location of the 6 Speakers? (As stated in the brochure) .................at the same time as you order your chrome vent rings ;)

Good luck :thumbsup:

The other 2 speakers are to the side of the dashboard just under the small triangular tweeters.............as I said above.

They have been moved in the new Yaris. They are now in the door and not the dash.

can anyone clearerly point out were the 6 speakers should be i can only see 4..theres one on either front door and one small triangular one on each side of the front windows i cant see any others.

There are 2 in the back each side behind the driver and passenger (on a 3 door) and 1 in each front door, and 1 in each front pillar. If you go into the fade and balance settings with your radio/CD player and alter them to the maximum left/right forward/back, you will be able to hear where the sound is coming from.

ive got a 5 door so were would they be hiding?ill give the balance setting a try.

lol..ive been a sound enginner for years and i was taught at college that tweeters are only considered as part of a speaker and not a actual speaker ..a tweeter is only supposed to enhance the high frequencys but i guess in a car people consider them differently ..thats a new thing ive learned today lol :)

are you sure the tr 1.0 is supposed to have 6 Speakers i know i thought it had them too as stated in the brochure but there website says 4 Speakers in 1.0 tr 6 Speakers in 1.33 but like i said before there brocures and website conflict and both state wrong specs ..on the net it says we have alloys but the brochure says trims so its hard to argue because if you go to the garage argueing about one missing thing say the speakers theyll say well look at the website your wrong and if you argue about the wheels they say look at the brochure ..its toyotas fault .

The TR doesn’t have alloys as standard whatever engine you have they are an optional extra. The TR should have 6 Speakers regardless of engine (according to my brochure)

The brochure also shows the T2 with fog lights and rear tinted glass! Go figure.

Waxxy, do you have all the airbags? Curtain and knee?

The TR doesn’t have alloys as standard whatever engine you have they are an optional extra. The TR should have 6 speakers regardless of engine (according to my brochure)

The brochure also shows the T2 with fog lights and rear tinted glass! Go figure.

Waxxy, do you have all the airbags? Curtain and knee?

i dont know how do you tell if your car has those airbags?

ive checked my car yep 4 Speakers none in the back .its got the 2 in the front doors and 2 small ones on the sides of the car..

ive just read the brochure and in very small print theres a weird symbol against the 6 Speakers spec and when you go down it says except the 1.0 it only has 4 Speakers ..so we only get 4 not 6 man i bought one piece of crap..

tommorow i will deffinatly be talking to trading standards and i hope they rake toyta over the coals and sue them big time theyve miss sold the tr on so many levels its untrue the car we got shouldnt have been called a tr because its not a tr you only get a tr if you buy the 1.33 version which i wasnt informed about.

one question i would like to know though from the guy that has just got his tr 1.0 what do your wheels look like have you got the tr trims or the t2 trims because ive got the t2 trims and ive also just npoticed that in the broschure it states tr trims only on 1.33 not on 1.0 !!!

i hope you reply soon so i know who to complain too if youve got the tr wheel trims then i should get them too but if we both got t2 trims then thats the standard.

what do you think the chances are off me getting my money back because i feel i was missinformed and miss sold the car..if theyd let me pay more id gladly get the full 1.33 version but i dont think toyota will let me do that

another thing ive noticed in the brochuere thats different too what the salesman told me ..i was told the t2 didnt have electric side mirrors only the tr and up models had them but the broschure says the t2 does have them..does it or not?

i think toyota should sack the tin pot company thats designed and wrote there promotional material .

Playing devils advocate, Toyota are covered as the spec is actually listed albeit in very small print (buyer beware) I wouldn’t think they are obliged to point out the finer details as you sign the purchase agreement forms.

Check under the steering wheel and on the steering column you will see a SRS symbol, same on the side pillars you will see an Air Bag symbol embossed in the plastic.

I don’t understand why anyone would buy a new Yaris with a 1 litre engine. The new 1.3 is just as economical and more refined with the new gear box, same tax band and 4 cylinders.

Not sure about the T2 electric side mirrors. I don’t anyone with a T2.

i bought the 1.0 because it was cheaper than the 1.33 and i was told the only difference was the engine and id read reports of faulty 1.33 engines and clutches and i was also told that the 1.33 didnt qualify for 35 pounds road tax because the emmisions were 120 i was told cars under 120 would qualify it looks like i was told wrong info by the garages and media :(

this is the deal i got i traded in my old 15 year old astra 1.4 car in the government scrap scheme after id traded in my old car i had to pay 7750 pounds for a black tr 1.0 5 door and getting that money really really strapped me i have no savings left i would have had the 1.33 but some garages wanted me to give the 8900pounds which i didnt have:(

i orginally just wanted the t2 but they made the tr seem amazing i got offered the t2 in silver 5door for 6890 pounds

do you think i still got a good deal?

another thing ive just noticed is all yaris are supposed to have green glass but mine looks clear.

The glass has (should have) a green tint. 120grams/km qualifies for £35 a year tax (£30 when its time to renew it)

A five door TR 1 litre on the road price is £10,760, you paid £7750 which is £3010 cheaper (including your old car), that sounds good to me.

Hi all, thanks for the replies.

I wrote a snotagram to the garage reserving the right to reject the car and reading between the lines of our phone conversation I think they agree that it is a complete mess. They have passed it on to Toyota GB who should reply soon.

My fundimental premise is that if you go into a shop and buy something, it must be as described. In this case it was described by the saleman in conjunction with the brochure NOT with reference to the internet. They did not have a car in the show room because it was not yet in production.

In reply to a few questions, My car does have the T2 wheel covers, (I was expecting this as this is in the brochure).

I dont have a green tint on the glass.

The extra two Speakers that are missing are in the rear sides below the windows ( mine is a two door). The grills are there but no Speakers, I assume it should not be too difficult to fit these.

In my opinion the car has been mis-sold and I suggest anyone who feel the same should put pressure on Toyota to put things right. Either put back in the spec that is missing or give the money back.

Jon

johnny im in the same boat as you ive contacted trading standards and theyve examined the broschure and examened the website and they agree both conflict each other but under extreme scrutiny they agree toyota have mislead us but if we went to court it depends on which sales document they adhere too :(

ive been speaking to a few people over the weekend and a few garages in different parts of the country and specs are different and they cant understand why theyve done it in one garage i emailed they told me the tr 1.33 came without any chrome interior !!

concerning the 6 Speakers if they go of the brochere it does state in the back were all the details are listed we do now get 6 Speakers it also states this on the website so you wont get 6 Speakers trading standards have already confirmed this with me.

as for all the other trim that also has been changed in the small print theyve taken out everything on the 1.0 version which we got !!

i dont know how we could reject the car as weve already signed were happy with it and weve drove it away as far as i know the moment you recieve and sign for the car you cant return for refund because youve already signed youve examined and happy with it :(

trading standards did say if we went to court we could win because they have mislead us but wed only win on things in the broschere unless we purchesed it online in that case online wed get alloys the full monty but they said toyota would stick with the broschure and if you won the differences youd gain would be insignificant and wouldnt cover the court costs if you did lose they said we should have tried to notice all missing things at the garage then refused it and wed have had a better bargaining tool but as it stands what wed win wouldnt be very much they advised me to negotiate and not lose our tempers with the garages involved and they felt there would be some kind of recompense involved.

so ive just called the garage invlved spoke to the sales guy again weve both agreed that weve both been mislead and hed just recieved some new trs as we chatted he said ill go see whats missing he then said !Removed! hell this has got lots different whats going on hes just checked a tr 1.33 and it had no chrome interior and t2 wheels ..he shouted to another sales guy to check all other stock he appologised and said it looks like toyotas took trim of everything and agreed of record he thinks its got something to do with the scrappage deal there offering more than 2k trade in but taking trims off and telling sales guys to quote the disclaimer if any get angry :(

he agreed hed see me tommorow and offer me something to say sorry and said hed give me full mats as well ..if you look in the broschure it does show 4 different wheel trims one for each model the trs are slightly nicer than the t2s..

the links here --

www.toyota.co.uk//bv/leads/pdffiles/rc5560.pdf

click on that then goto page 18 it says at the top = 4 Speakers only in yaris 1.0

i dont think my glass is green too im gonna get it checked tommorow because all yaris are suposed to have green glass .

its only the higher speced that have privacy glass at the back but all should have green glass ive seen some yaris that have very dark green glass,

ok ive been chatting to a few departments at toyota today and theyve agreed theres way to much confusion over the tr specs in fact a few actually admitted it does need seriously looking at because the tr versions are totally different and described differently in both the book and website and therefore need to get something done about it..and they agreed that in away i was misled and can totally understand how confused i was with the specs and have said then main fact is i should have green tinted windows which ive not got..there going to check up and find out why the windows arnt being tinted green because ive seen 09 models with green tinted windows in my town but mines clear and there admit the website is more upto date than the book is so therefore by rights we should have alloys as stated and cant understand why ive got steel wheels with t2 trims..

theyve promised me there going to investigate this fully and get back to me as soon as theyve told me to goto the dealership i bought it from so the guys there can report the spec ive got too head office and tell them what there missing from there new models which have already been flagged up as missing stuff.

they did explain about the disclaimer stating they can change spec but also said the specs should have been told to me and agreed on before i bought it which wasnt id been too 3 other dealerships before i bought the one from the dealer with the best price and the one with the cheapest price didnt go into great depth with me because id already set my mind on a ttr because the other dealerships had already shown me detailed specs on what the differences were with a tr 1.0 and 1.33 and was happy with what i was getting in the 1.0 as it stated air con/height adjustable seats/15 inch alloys/green windows/chrome air vents...i was happy with that i thought i could live without the 1.33 engine a few chrome handles and a few pockets missing but as it stands we got seriously jipped and i told them if id known the difference i would have gone for the t2 or try and get more money and get the 1.33.

ill report back with devolpments as soon as i know whats happening.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links