Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Internet Browser Issue

Phoenix999

Guys.... I have a problem when browsing around the internet.... whilst scrolling from one page to another within a site or when changing to a different site I all too frequently get a new page appear (not a 'pop up') in a new window for flippin gambling or shopping sites! I am now finding this extremely annoying :angry:

I am running Firefox so am wondering if this has been corrupted by something out there in virtual land :huh: Or, is it possible for links to 'selling' sites to be hidden within some websites so that these new windows pop up without me actually choosing them to :unsure:

Does anyone have a solution to this as I would like to stop these new windows from appearing constantly? :huh:

Run a spyware/adware scan.... me personally I use Spyware Blaster & Ad-Aware and I find they work really well - I hardly ever get problems.

Best to do a quick virus scan as well.... just to be on the safe side :thumbsup:

Of course it does very much depend on what sites you visit..... going to Google or MSN you'll find you don't get these problems.... going to www.seedysite.com means you could be more susceptible....

Run a check to clear your cache... I use ccleaner see HERE as you may have old cookies left behind that pop up the page....

Also run the registry cleaner as well, this will delete all the dead links and rouge paths on the pc......

As it will be the first time you use this it may take a few minutes to run....I use this all the time on work laptop...+ other one's around the house.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

couldn't get on www.seedysite.com

I would use spybot, and maybe online housecall

spybot works in the background any you dont see it running in taskmanager

This is pretty common on the web these days.

I use Opera with javascript disabled (I have a button to toggle it) which stops any of that sort of thing happening, but with FF there's a cool extension called AdBlocker which should help stop all those spam sites and ad banners, and also block whatever's opening up the new windows on yours!

This is pretty common on the web these days.

I use Opera with javascript disabled (I have a button to toggle it) which stops any of that sort of thing happening, but with FF there's a cool extension called AdBlocker which should help stop all those spam sites and ad banners, and also block whatever's opening up the new windows on yours!

Thank you for this advice.... I did not know about the 'Adblock Plus' add-on.... I have downloaded it already and am learning how to block specific sites. I think I have the hang of it :yes:

I am so pleased that there are people on here that know so much more than I do.... thank you to everyone for the help :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links